fiberglass fitment

chopstick1981
10+ year member

im just wondering what some of you use to secure your fiberglass panels/enclosures to your car; metal brackets, plastic fasteners, glue???? Im also wondering if there is any methods too make the fiberglass look nice right up to the seems on my car for example i took out the plastic around the trunk latch and i want to make my sub box form right up to the trunks rubber seal.

You can take some extra weatherstipping and jam it down over the fleece stretched tothe edge.. glass it, and cut off the extra stripping, and a shade of the fleece.

or tape off the trunk edge, glue the fleece to the tape and do ti that way

Yep that's the way to do it. Cover everywhere you like the way it looks and don't want stuck with foil and packing tape. Then make you frame. Stretch out the fleece your using over your frame and over the weahterstripping lip. THen caram the weatherstripping back down on top of it. Then soak the fleece really well.

It depends on what I'm building and where it's going as too how I mount it. I try to use factory mounting locations wherever I can . But sometimes you can't. Light weight trim panels I will attach sometimes with grill cover ball and sockets. Heavier boxes and panels I try t use bolts or screws in strategic locations. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.