Fiberglass False Floor? Customizers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

FNcrazy

US
I have a Scion FR-S that has a very small trunk (Picture of another FR-S under the floor)

0d0bbadbe56979eacdec980803c1edb0.jpg

I know nothing of fiberglass, but an installer I don't really trust to do great work said that's what he would do to not lose trunk space.

I plan to run a 12" sub in there, and possibly amps.

So is fiberglassing a good idea, and what should a ballpark price be?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fiberglass is the only way to go if you want to keep some of the trunk . Price that all depends on where you can get the supplies from anywhere from $150 to $250 depending on what you want the finished product to look like. As far as a sub and amplifier fitting down in there I wouldn't hold my breath ,it will most likely have to be mounted in the trunk area but if your willing to sacrifice some of the trunk then no big deal good luck

05 Ram 5.9 Cummins Sundown Audio Old School PPI

I have a Scion FR-S that has a very small trunk (Picture of another FR-S under the floor)
0d0bbadbe56979eacdec980803c1edb0.jpg

I know nothing of fiberglass, but an installer I don't really trust to do great work said that's what he would do to not lose trunk space.

I plan to run a 12" sub in there, and possibly amps.

So is fiberglassing a good idea, and what should a ballpark price be?

I'd say put a sheet of wood down there and mount the amp to that. you could then put an MDF or birch false floor over the top. You could leave two holes for ventilation and use some fans in a push-pull configuration to provide air circulation for the amps and put metal mesh or carpet over the holes in the top wood false floor.

I would not fiberglass any part of that.....

I'm trying to use that space for a sub... Possibly amps, but that's less important.

Why do you need your entire trunk? There's no way you can fit a sub and amp in your spare tire well and end up with anything remotely impressive for the money you spent.

I say put the amp down there and have the speaker wires coming up through the false floor in one of the less-noticeable corners. Have a sub in a good box in your trunk. When you need to use the trunk space, simply disconnect the sub and remove it from the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.