fiberglass boxes

they sound the same. they cost more. and yes theyre built here
lol x2...what kind of setup are you trying to go with? and what equipment etc

edit: what part of alaska? i'm going to retire outside of fairbanks, in a very long time.

fg is much more expensive. i just finished my first box..

average price for a box for 2 15"s painted seems to be $650+

Eh.....It's not that bad if you do it yourself. Fiberglass mat costs what? Like $5 a yard for 2 oz. And resin costs like $40 a gallon. Once you're all said and done.....Like $100-$200 depending on how big the box is.

It is just more work to do. But it is worth it.

well i am going to need either a wood or fiberglass custom made wicked looking ported box for 2 12's l7's tuned to 33hz with each sub having 2.6net

and box will be bascially square and around 26inches deep 35tall and 17 wide but part of the box will be taller than one part it will be like a sub on top then a 10 inch slop and another sub

mat is 6.97 for 9 sq yds here..but i think the op is referring to having one done for him. which will be very expensive.

but ya probably around 250 to do it urself plus a ton of work..

just saw ur post..expect to pay probably..$400+ for quality work

well i got a price quote from a audio shop in town and he said 550-650 and i didnt ask forgot to if it was fiberglass or wood

i said why so much hes like well for a custom box of that shape it will run that much plus he swears up and down he knos how to make a really good port

haha knows how to make really good port? wow real tricky...from a shop that could be either wood or glass depending how bad theyre gonna rip u off.

well is 550 a rip off for a wood

and is that a good deal for fiberglass

i think it might be glass his system he has 4 12's ported in 10ft of airspace and its glass

and its loud

its a rip off for both to be honest. wood costs $25 for a box ur size. probably 150-200 for a glass box ur size. but factor in labor and ur gonna get screwed.id hope thats for glass but you never can tell.

its loud? well what else have you heard?

well is 550 a rip off for a wood and is that a good deal for fiberglass

i think it might be glass his system he has 4 12's ported in 10ft of airspace and its glass

and its loud
its a rip off for both to be honest. wood costs $25 for a box ur size. probably 150-200 for a glass box ur size. but factor in labor and ur gonna get screwed.id hope thats for glass but you never can tell.
its loud? well what else have you heard?
keep in mind that he is likely not paid hrly. so of the 550 he may see 200 before tax. So in order to make it worth his time he needs to charge that much.

And unless otherwise stated its wood. Fiberglass would have been specified.

well i cant say i have heard much
well idk how many people on here live in alaska but see if anyone is nearby you with a good system..not that 4 12"s is bad but try hearing 2 btl 18"s on 8,000 watts..

well he had 4 12's ported on 3k watts and he said that wasnt rms so i am guessing around 1500-2000rms and he has 6 emience speakers for highs on 75rms a piece and it hurt my ears and shoke the car pretty decent and i could feel it in my chest and like compressed my chest with the doors open

and no i live in fl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.