fiber optic wire ran mercedes- no new components???

want to replace speakers in my 2000 mercedes clk 430. it has weird factory installed system. dont know whats in there-called crutchfield but they have no info on this car. all i know is it's ran with fiber optic wire-am i gonna have any problems getting some new components and a decent amp running off the factory hu. i want to get the seas lotus 6.5 components for this car. thanx for any advice.

Somewhere in there, it has to go back to an analog signal. I'm guessing there are factory amps in there. Find them, work from there. Trust me, your speakers are not working with an optical signal.

Another option would be to PULL EVERYTHING, and start fresh. Running all new wires and everything. That would be no picnic. More of a last resort.

Fiber transfers light;

Useful as an extremely fast data connection;

Absolutely useless for the transfer of anything but data ( well, and light. )

I can't imagine where this would play into an audio scenario, other than the transfer of music data from a storage device to a decoder ( headunit? ) and even if that were the case; It's a rediculously impractical case of overkill; a 15 MB mp3 would take mere fractions of time to transmit via fiber - only to be cached in a slower mechanism, and routed through a software decoder - even more slowly.

Where'd you get this information?

im on my computer now-but i told her she needs better speakers and she made a comment about the dealer saying something about fiber optic wire and that she had to leave the system stock. all i want to do is put in an amp and replace the speakers. it has a stock 3 way system

A few really high end head units have digital fiber optic output to an exteral d/a converter, for reduced noise. Like Scarenius said it still has to send an analog signal to the speaker, which should be able to be used with high level inputs.

Line Out Converters I Dont Speak That Language. Prob Gonna Get It Installed At Hifi Buys Because She Dont Trust Me- Olus I Dont Want To F It Up. Could You Brief Me On These Converters. You Think They Would Have A Hard Time Installing The Amp And Components

yeah expect to pay big money. But yeah those speakers u fiber wire. I have heard about that too. ANd watch out in the near further it will have bi wire. Were everthing is ran on one wire. But the wire transfers diff freq. It is complicated. But i would not fuk with it thoe.

just run new wires, dont mess with the fiber optics. the stock headunit is usually a command center for mercedes tech's and you cannot replace it. just get a new system ontop of the mercedes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.