Fi ssd vs sundown sa-12

Hookedup12
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
I am new to this forum but I know a decent amount about car audio an what not but I'm trying to get an idea on which sub to pick. I'm just gonna have a single 12 in an extended cab Toyota Tacoma. I want it to be a good mix between spl and sq. I want it to beat but not just at one note. My friend has two kappa perfects and I want it too sound similar if not better. I understand he is movin more air simply because he has two.

So the ssd? Will it be musical as those kappa perfects? I have also been told that running 900 rms instead of 1000w to it will make it more sq worthy or is this just hear say

But will those tens take up my whole backseat because I want to keep at least one seat open for use in the back. And Ive never heard anything about those dcons.

The only reason I was comparing the sa and ssd was because ive heard they were good subs I don't personally know anything about either one of them. I just like the idea of 1 12 in a nice ported box I can sit behind my seat in my pickup btw this is my first sub in this truck, but I have heard a few. My girlfriend also has a pair of memphis prs and I like the loudness but they don't have much range and I want a better quality sub anyway

I just want a loud 12 that has good range you know ???

....What amp are you running?
I've got a hifonics 1000.1d but would be willing to look at others if needed and also I know this amp can run at one ohm and what not but is it efficient at one ohm. Like would it be pushing to hard ( overheating,frying etc etc) or would it be better to get a two ohm sub

Here is a couple other subs I've thrown around the idea of, Memphis c3 a lil outta price range, jl w3v3, the sa-12, the fi ssd, or idq-12 but I was told that the I'd-qs were mainly sq subs and didn't get very loud

no they cost a little more but I wasn't sure of your budget......disregard them then
No I mean any idea is great thank you! I mean I'd spend a little more if I need to but money equals time and in my case I gots ta wait on the money haha but ill check em out regardless I just don't want to spend over 300 on just my first sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.