Fi SSD vs. Fi Q

It is a win win. Both the Q and the SSD are excellent choices, it really comes down to power and budget, both being connected. If you want to drive more wattage and can spend a few more, get the Q, if not get the SSD. The SSD tends to lean a little more towards ported, but I have heard plenty sealed and they are still a heck of a driver. Thanks for the Icon suggestions guys.

I looked into the icon everyone is talking about and it looks nice. Still haven't purchased a sub yet. I wasn't able to install my own clutch and flywheel last weekend so that set me back alittle having to pay a shop to do it. But I did get my new HU installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Sony-CDXGT740UI.

Anyways, so out of the 3 (SSD,Q,and Icon). Which would you say would get the loudest with the best sound quality. I guess what I am asking is which would be better suited for a ported box..right?

I looked into the icon everyone is talking about and it looks nice. Still haven't purchased a sub yet. I wasn't able to install my own clutch and flywheel last weekend so that set me back alittle having to pay a shop to do it. But I did get my new HU installed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Sony-CDXGT740UI. Anyways, so out of the 3 (SSD,Q,and Icon). Which would you say would get the loudest with the best sound quality. I guess what I am asking is which would be better suited for a ported box..right?
All very capable, all will do their jobs if in a proper environment. Regardless, you'll be happy.

All very capable' date=' all will do their jobs if in a proper environment. Regardless, you'll be happy.[/quote'] So nothing wrong with putting a Icon or Q in a ported box? It just wont bring out their SQ as much but will get alittle louder right? Sorry for the noob questions.

So nothing wrong with putting a Icon or Q in a ported box? It just wont bring out their SQ as much but will get alittle louder right? Sorry for the noob questions.
In a properly designed enclosure, they can have very decent response curves while having the output that many people also want. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So yes, nothing wrong with it at all!

Thanks for all the info. I think I'm starting to over think all of this. Sure I would be happy with any of them considering I've never owned a audio system before. I heard a single 12" L7 over the weekend and I thought it sounded awesome. From what I read all the speakers I'm looking at sound better so I can't go wrong with any of the 3. I will let you know what I end of getting.

Just out of curiosity. When people say a sub "diggs really low." They are saying it hits low frequency really good right? What frequency are they referring to? 20-40hz range? I notice alot of rap songs are in the 30-60hz range.

im gonna have to go download that free audio program, check out what rap songs go below 30hz, but when they say dig low, they mean 30hz or 28hz if a song plays it, etc.

What did you do? I'm about a decade late. I know fi audio builds or used to build SSA subs anyways. They are all about the same. Little differences in coil strength, spiders and motor force. It's only when you have different motor technology or larger spiders or something does it make a big difference

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.