FI SSD or..... DC LVL 3??

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
im currently in the works of deciding what 4 15s i should replace in my wall. im looking for about $200 a sub and i have 12 cubes net to work with at 35 hz. i think i may have narrowed it down to either fi ssd or dc level 3. i have not personally heard either and i want your opinions. or other options if you can think of a better one

I have owned both the level 3 and the ssd (12 inchers though). When comparing a stock level 3 to a stock ssd the ssd will handle more power mechanically and thermally. The level 3 had a flatter response where the ssd seamed to be a bit "peaky". A level 3 with level 4 soft parts would be right up to par with an ssd. A fully loaded ssd would be comparable to a stock level 4.

I have owned both the level 3 and the ssd (12 inchers though). When comparing a stock level 3 to a stock ssd the ssd will handle more power mechanically and thermally. The level 3 had a flatter response where the ssd seamed to be a bit "peaky". A level 3 with level 4 soft parts would be right up to par with an ssd. A fully loaded ssd would be comparable to a stock level 4.
Would you say the stock level three would be capable of 1k daily? i mean they will all get less after rise and stuff but generally speaking?

1000rms on a stock level 3 for daily is pushing it. 850rms in my opinion is just right for the level 3's. Send a clean, unclipped signal and your good to go. Keep an eye on your subsonic freq aswell when running that power.

Both are kick *** subs. You can run a tad more power to the ssd's but the level 3's are more musical. Just my opinion based on my experience with them. Flip a coin :)
haha i may have too! the ssd fully loaded can definatley handle 1k though correct? although that jacks the price up considerably. i think i may end up going with the level 3s based on musicality

i just dont know wether its going to benifit me to get the ssds based on the extra power they are capable of handling. all in all id rather get louder as long as the louder choice doesnt sound garbage while doing so. and im pretty sure the ssd will sound decent in comparison i just dont want to shell the extra money to do the ssd fully loaded

ive had a 15" fi ssd and a dc lvl 3 with lvl 4 soft parts. i dont notice a difference, though im sending 1200 to the dc and it loves it. i couldnt push the ssd because it was dual 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.