Fi Q neo 12 down firing box @ 3? Hz extended cab ranger

[quote name='shredder2']Without trying to insult @mikedeezxxx ... I wonder what setup he has and whether he has heard a decent 2-12 setup... this was not even what I would consider really loud...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9wp4XVDC5E

A lil' rowdy maybe... but hey, it's budget gear[/QUOTE]

No insult takin. I was just saying, all the nay sayers that told me it wasn’t gonna work I think were wrong. It worked just fine. And PS this isnt my first car stereo system. I’ve had lots of different setups in different vehicles going back to the mid 1990’s. I say it’s loud cause my wife can hear the stuff on the walls of our house shaking from a block away when I come home. OP doesn’t mind loosing his back seat so I’m sure whatever box you design for him would be better. I just needed to keep my back seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratios really don't mean s h i t when it comes to bandpasses. It's all about what the sub wants and what the goals are. 4ths are really easy to do and people still don't get them.

The tuning is largely based on what the owner wants.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

People often try to make the ported chamber wayyyy too large because they see a bunch of other people doing it.

Ratios really don't mean s h i t when it comes to bandpasses. It's all about what the sub wants and what the goals are. 4ths are really easy to do and people still don't get them.
The tuning is largely based on what the owner wants.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

People often try to make the ported chamber wayyyy too large because they see a bunch of other people doing it.

I beg to differ, the ratio dictates the spread of the curve, the bigger the sealed to ported ratio, the more narrow the bandwidth and more peaky it will be. For a daily setup a smaller ratio will do just fine. But its all highly dependent on what the sub wants too.

I beg to differ, the ratio dictates the spread of the curve, the bigger the sealed to ported ratio, the more narrow the bandwidth and more peaky it will be. For a daily setup a smaller ratio will do just fine. But its all highly dependent on what the sub wants too.
No. Ratio doesn't determine the spread of the curve. The size of the individual chambers do, not their relative ratio.

Like, too big is too big, whether these generalized ratio statements match or not. So if you have a woofer that needs a large sealed portion, and you think 2:1 ratio is good for music always, you're gonna have a bad time.

Then you wind up with a huge group delay. A lot of time what you wind up with is a system that can't properly pressurize the ported chamber either, so you get a huge peak and a narrow range. It's all about balance, really it's all about what the goals of the system are and matching it with the woofer's wants. Gotta create the proper nest to put your egg in, so to speak.

down firing will be fine. talk to cscstang on here for a good box design. he maybe even recommend not going with downfiring...
He's already emailed me. Down firing should be fine as long as there is enough. I'll have to see when I get in there.

My statement about not going with downfiring is because you can lose some or a lot of the output unless there's a pretty big gap on the bottom which gets annoying and ugly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.