Fi Q judgement day (SPL #'s inside)

Hi Tommy,Mechanical...the limits of the Q might have been reached in that particular enclosure. You should build an enclosure with less cone displacement so the Q can show more potential. I'm sure it can handle quite a bit more. DD, AQ & Q are all designed for completely different applications. Drop in boxes are never a fair game. Let us know your results from musical/daily applications.

Tuan
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Are you aware who the guy is that your rolling your noob eyes at?

Just for you TnT, I went back and copied what you and I posted:

Perhaps you should finish reading threads before post dumping in another one.
impressive numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

impressive numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Thank you.

That's the response I'm looking for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ah, gotcha.
Well the newest box actually gets away from that idea a little bit, at least compared to my old boxes.

Just an FYI, my current enclosures will do a 170 inside the box. There's a ton of pressure in there, even with limited excursion.

Tried a larger port but I couldn't make it long enough to bring the tuning down to where it needed to be, so that's why I have to stick with what I have for now.

I do have a few other ideas to try out though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
BTW Tommy,

A DD9510Z will allow you more flexibility with enclosures. But even with a straight swap out...it's still a considerable gain....slightly pricey. Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tuan

I don't think you understand the concept. Since the mechanical limits were reached, the sub couldn't show full potential. Controlling the cone displacement will allow more power to be driven. At the same time, the port will be working harder...hence, a higher total output.

Tuan

I don't think you understand the concept. Since the mechanical limits were reached, the sub couldn't show full potential. Controlling the cone displacement will allow more power to be driven. At the same time, the port will be working harder...hence, a higher total output.
Tuan
i dont understand how the box is going to control the cone displacement, the cone movement however i do. wouldnt a smaller box give it more control?

i dont understand how the box is going to control the cone displacement, the cone movement however i do. wouldnt a smaller box give it more control?
Let me give you an example: 2 enclosures with exact same internal volume. One enclosure is very long and the other is very deep. Now think about enclosure loading and acoustic suspension. Partly it is impedance rise, but we can also transfer the energy into the port hence making the port work harder with the help of port resonance. This is a more advanced approach.

Tuan

BTW Tommy,A DD9510Z will allow you more flexibility with enclosures. But even with a straight swap out...it's still a considerable gain....slightly pricey. Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tuan
Way out of my price range.

Let me give you an example: 2 enclosures with exact same internal volume. One enclosure is very long and the other is very deep. Now think about enclosure loading and acoustic suspension. Partly it is impedance rise, but we can also transfer the energy into the port hence making the port work harder with the help of port resonance. This is a more advanced approach.
Tuan
Already been down that road on tall vs. long.

New box layout doesn't afford me many options on dimensions, so I have to work with what I can because this design is considerably louder than my old ones.

Already been down that road on tall vs. long.
New box layout doesn't afford me many options on dimensions, so I have to work with what I can because this design is considerably louder than my old ones.
That response wasn't for you Tommy. It's for the other member. I'm sure you done all of that. =)

Wow, Never thought a Q could do that.
A lot of things get loud when they are in my hands. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That response wasn't for you Tommy. It's for the other member. I'm sure you done all of that. =)
Yeah I know, just thought I'd toss that in there.

Supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow. Might make it out to the garage and make a slightly smaller box. See what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.