Fi Q judgement day (SPL #'s inside)

I'll make sure you get to try some 8s when they come in Tommy... if I can do a 151.4 outlaw in the kick with the pair of 8s I imagine your setup would do something pretty awesome with them.

Hi Tommy,Mechanical...the limits of the Q might have been reached in that particular enclosure. You should build an enclosure with less cone displacement so the Q can show more potential. I'm sure it can handle quite a bit more. DD, AQ & Q are all designed for completely different applications. Drop in boxes are never a fair game. Let us know your results from musical/daily applications.

Tuan
I'm limited on the style and size of enclosures I can build because of how it has to fit in my vehicle.

Also, daily is going to be out of the question because I can't fit a 12" sub in a daily box in a regular cab s-10.

I can try some different boxes, but right now don't really have the time, motivation, or cooperative weather to do so. In the future? Perhaps. But it's gonna take a miracle box for the Q to get near what the 9512 is doing with the same power. Plus there's the distinct possibility that whatever box gets the Q louder will also get the 9512 louder.

Just curious though, what do you mean by "less cone displacement"? Something smaller to limit excursion? If so, I'm 99% confident a smaller box wouldn't work because it would hurt my peak note which likes to be in the 41-44 hz range. Going for a smaller than optimum box leads to my truck peaking high and the score tanking, even with more power.

All things considered, the Q did pretty darn well. I'm not expecting it to be on par with the DD, because it really shouldn't be.

I'm limited on the style and size of enclosures I can build because of how it has to fit in my vehicle.
Also, daily is going to be out of the question because I can't fit a 12" sub in a daily box in a regular cab s-10.

I can try some different boxes, but right now don't really have the time, motivation, or cooperative weather to do so. In the future? Perhaps. But it's gonna take a miracle box for the Q to get near what the 9512 is doing with the same power. Plus there's the distinct possibility that whatever box gets the Q louder will also get the 9512 louder.

Just curious though, what do you mean by "less cone displacement"? Something smaller to limit excursion? If so, I'm 99% confident a smaller box wouldn't work because it would hurt my peak note which likes to be in the 41-44 hz range. Going for a smaller than optimum box leads to my truck peaking high and the score tanking, even with more power.

All things considered, the Q did pretty darn well. I'm not expecting it to be on par with the DD, because it really shouldn't be.
I don't think it'll work because your cab is too small...but typically a there are ways to orientate the loading compression in your enclosure to reduce cone displacement and allow the port to do more work. You would take an advantage on port resonance and lower the tuning. I had to use this method on 4" coil subs on a 12 spoke basket.

Tuan

I don't think it'll work because your cab is too small...but typically a there are ways to orientate the loading compression in your enclosure to reduce cone displacement and allow the port to do more work. You would take an advantage on port resonance and lower the tuning. I had to use this method on 4" coil subs on a 12 spoke basket.
Tuan
Ah, gotcha.

Well the newest box actually gets away from that idea a little bit, at least compared to my old boxes.

Just an FYI, my current enclosures will do a 170 inside the box. There's a ton of pressure in there, even with limited excursion.

Tried a larger port but I couldn't make it long enough to bring the tuning down to where it needed to be, so that's why I have to stick with what I have for now.

I do have a few other ideas to try out though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

He was a former teammate of mine.
What does that have to do with anything?

Why are you always shitting on people's threads?

Go fuck off.
Awh sore spot? Reason for asking was since no one answered from the TCAB thread where you claimed to be 'part owner'. I found it rather odd some as reputable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif as you would affiliate with a piece of **** like that guy.

Grow a****ingego dude. It was just a question.

Awh sore spot? Reason for asking was since no one answered from the TCAB thread where you claimed to be 'part owner'. I found it rather odd some as reputable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif as you would affiliate with a piece of **** like that guy.
Grow a ****ing ego dude. it was just a question.
You only said something to start ****, just admit it.

I had planned on being part of TCAB till potts became a dumbass, then I disassociated myself from it. **** that was what, 3 years ago? All in the past.

Sad thing is all those people that talked **** about TCAB and said they were gonna track him down never did ****. I do find it funny that everyone copies his designs now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

That whole topic has nothing to do with this thread. I've seen your posts recently and all they do is talk or start ****. So stfu and gtfo.

Grow an ego? WTF? Wouldn't a big ego be a bad thing?

You only said something to start ****, just admit it.
I had planned on being part of TCAB till potts became a dumbass, then I disassociated myself from it. **** that was what, 3 years ago? All in the past.

Sad thing is all those people that talked **** about TCAB and said they were gonna track him down never did ****. I do find it funny that everyone copies his designs now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

That whole topic has nothing to do with this thread. I've seen your posts recently and all they do is talk or start ****. So stfu and gtfo.

Grow an ego? WTF? Wouldn't a big ego be a bad thing?
Srsly not starting ****. Was just asking. Get off your high horse. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Srsly not starting ****. Was just asking. Get off your high horse. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
Bullcrap.

I answered your question in that TCAB thread.

There was no reason to post the same question in my thread.

This thread is about my test results, not about TCAB or potts or something that happened 3 years ago.

If you want to talk about that, then why not bump that thread and I'll gladly answer that question again, even though I already did it once.

Just for you TnT, I went back and copied what you and I posted:

Tommy was "part owner" of that hack job? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Epic.....
Supposed to help him out, he didn't want my help, so I said ok, and that was all she wrote. Downhill from there.

Could have been something good but he got greedy and lazy simultaneously.

Great bump. ITT: lots of **** hitting the fan. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Perhaps you should finish reading threads before post dumping in another one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.