Fi Q High QTS or SSA XCON

EdMan71
10+ year member

I have exactly 3.0ft^3 air space (after displacement) to work with.

2012 chevy crewcab with 2x2 (1/4"thick) square tubing to lift back seat for downfiring box.

Daily Driver with saz-3000d (just purchased). No particular budget, but within reason.

Of course going to upgrade electrical with alt and another battery, Big3.

Probably going sealed only due to lack of airspace. So 1.5 ft^3 per sub which is optimal airspace for both choices sealed. 80-90% SQ/10-20% SPL, SQL awesome

Ok, here is my dilemma. I like both SSA XCON 12" and Fi Q 12". I am leaning towards FI Q loaded with High QTS option for sealed. Plus they are altittle cheaper. They only thing keeping me from ordering is that if some day I may change vehicles I will "have" to build another sealed box for them, (due to high QTS).

BUT, with the XCON I could have option to go sealed or ported. I quess I feel like I am limiting my choices later down the road if I get Fi Q's. Again I could just sell Fi Q if I wasn't happy with them and get another set of subs.

I also kinda battled with going with 10" so I could port, but thought since my main concerned leaned towards SQ and sealed 12" with increased cone space would hit good.

So I know this is wordy. But help me feel good about my decision.haha

Thanks in Advance!

I have considered like you say one 12 ported or even two 10's ported, but went with two 12's since leaning towards SQ. Again I am only a novice so opinions welcomed. I have most of my box built so ensure fitment but at this point I can easily add port(s) and change subs.

I am beginning to lean towards xcons because they seem to get Very good reviews and also at a later time I have options to go sealed or ported. Also I'm think customer service will at ssa might be good.

I don't think I could go wrong with either Fi Q or XCONS. Just trying to get some closure before I fully committed myself.

I think you can run the Fi Q low-qts version ported or sealed, it's just that the high-qts version will sound better sealed and its only meant to be run sealed...just for reference.

Single X-Con 12 ported, it'll sound great ported with have the sound quality your looking for, and then also get loud-er if you wanna show off a little or whatever you feel. That's what I'd choose

I am leaning towards two Fi Q's I think. They have mounting depth of 7" where xcons are 7.25". I think I can fit xcons just very close fit. But dang, i wouldn't thought this would be that difficult of a dicision. One xcon ported would be nice, and cheaper than 2 12".

I think denim is right, either way win win!

i would say two Xcons man. SSA has great products to offer, the only thing that ***** is the wait. Either way you'll be waiting 2-3 weeks so may as well go with the Xcon. I'm hearing a few cases of Fi subs catching on fire, including one that happened recently.

What about 2 icons..? Awesome SQL sub.. Got a used one and put it on a kicker dx700 sealed 3cuft ish with poly fill.. The GF. just loves it!!! Hahaah

What about 2 icons..? Awesome SQL sub.. Got a used one and put it on a kicker dx700 sealed 3cuft ish with poly fill.. The GF. just loves it!!! Hahaah
I love the Icon's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I am going to play around more with my box, if I can get mounting depth enough to clear 7 1/4" I just may go with xcons. I see that magnet is cone shaped which will make it easier. What is the distance from baffle to top of surround? Wondering so I can calculate for cone/surround cleareance.

Also, how wide is bottom of mag since it is cone shaped? Looks to be about 4" on bottom.

Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.