FI Q 15 vs MMats Juggernaut 15

really? I have a teammate with 2 15" Qs hitting 145.8 to the dash. they seem to like sealed fine and have great SQ.
just curious, what type of car is that in, and do you have any other details on that setup?

dont tune to 35 if you want it to hit everything. Join the i have a box tuned below 30 club
Do you have your Q ported??? Do you see what mine is ported at? I tuned to 32hz before 35hz... 35hz got just as low, if not lower, and was louder. I wouldnt go over 35hz though.

The car is a 1971 Impala. The subs will be pushed by a MMats 3000.05 with a 200 amp Streetwires alternator all 1/0 gage wiring. The alt is dedicated to the system with SVR 2nd battery. I have two 3000.05 but I would rather just to use 1. My problem is I cant just use 1 on the Juggs because they are dual 1.4's and I cant get 1/2 ohm out of them.

wtf?
Maybe out of control extension haha

sealed on beefey woofers ftl
...sealed boxes have a huge advantage in low-end extension. They have a MUCH shallower roll-off than ported boxes and thus have much better response in the high teens and low to mid 20s (depending on how you tune)

O...and what do you define as a beefy woofer? Im assuming you're referring to the size of the magnet, which has no bearing on performance. There are several different strengths of ferrite magnets and neodymium magnets (extremely small...but MUCH stronger than ferrite magnets), you can't generalize size. The implementation of features in the design make it a quality woofer...whether it be a high xmag SPL or high xmax, low distortion displacement design.

The car is a 1971 Impala. The subs will be pushed by a MMats 3000.05 with a 200 amp Streetwires alternator all 1/0 gage wiring. The alt is dedicated to the system with SVR 2nd battery. I have two 3000.05 but I would rather just to use 1. My problem is I cant just use 1 on the Juggs because they are dual 1.4's and I cant get 1/2 ohm out of them.
Dual 1.4 = Dual 2 nominal. So you can get a half ohm nominal load, the amp will be fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

...sealed boxes have a huge advantage in low-end extension. They have a MUCH shallower roll-off than ported boxes and thus have much better response in the high teens and low to mid 20s (depending on how you tune)
Don't question Ray...it jus makes u look dumber.

I have 2 MMats Juggernaut 15's ported to specs tuned at 34hz but I'm looking for a more musical but loud sub. Can I get that from 4 FI Q 15's in a sealed to specs set up? Will they play just as loud or louder than my Juggs?
HaHa, show us your Juggs:boobies:

Why not four Dreadnaught 15's? I owned a single 12 and in a large box it was the loudest trunk setup I ever had, before I sold my car. And they sound really good ported low, like 30Hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Cheapest I've seen dreads are $500 sub why spend $2k on Dreads when I can get 4 Q's for $1100. They both are well made subs and handle 1000 watts rms. But my main question still hasn't been answered, will the 4 FI Q 15's get as loud or louder than my 2 Juggernaut 15's?

ps: box for Q's will be sealed, Jugg box is ported at 33.8hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.