Fi BTL 12 vs. AQ HD3 12

DeuceLee
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Midwest
a buddy of mine is interested in buying a high performance sub...cash to dash out is

AQ HD3 12 = $365 Shipped

Fi BTL 12 = $359 Shipped

Which one will work out best for DD with about 1500 RMS, ~2.5 to 3.0 cubes, tuned to about 35...

we heard the AQ can take 2000 rms easily...so it comes down to price...cus we heard they are both great subs...

anyone have any idea as to expect as far as differences between the two goes?

if anyone has any other suggestions for a sub in the $375 range shipped, let us know...please don't say add so and so and get this, he's already reaching very deep to dish out $375...

a buddy of mine is interested in buying a high performance sub...cash to dash out is
AQ HD3 12 = $365 Shipped

Fi BTL 12 = $359 Shipped

Which one will work out best for DD with about 1500 RMS, ~2.5 to 3.0 cubes, tuned to about 35...

we heard the AQ can take 2000 rms easily...so it comes down to price...cus we heard they are both great subs...

anyone have any idea as to expect as far as differences between the two goes?

if anyone has any other suggestions for a sub in the $375 range shipped, let us know...please don't say add so and so and get this, he's already reaching very deep to dish out $375...

both will get very loud, both will handle the power very well, both will look good , both are of great quality.....but, the btl can handle a lot more, i'm hearing figures as extreme as 6000 rms.....

just to clarify it looks like his friend is looking at the stock btl, not the upgraded one, so 1500 watts should do fine.
yeah he wanted to spend 250 max orginally so i managed to muster another 100 or so out of him...

the btl is going to be stock...so its not a beefed up one otherwise that'll be > $450...

he's planning on giving it 1500 right away and "possibly" a max of 2000 in the future...shouldn't be nothing more...

CJL - we were thinking what you were thinking, which one would probably be more efficient...since we're not giving it watts up the whoopass...the funny thing they are both rated at the same efficiency at about 90db but the 12 super test said its not the most efficient...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

some guys on ROE are saying that the HD3 should take 2500rms...

theres SO many talk about the fully beefed BTL, anyone have any idea how the stock Bacon, Tomato and Lettuce acts like?

Aqs customer support is second to none..point blank.Either subs will get loud...DD9515 is the only single 15 I've ever heard of hittin over a 170...But I heard someone with a 18" btl just did a 170 or something like that.Asfar as power handling I think that both of them would most likey peak/blow and the same amount of power.I am just not ready to jump on the FI boner bandwagon either. I would say go with the aq in the long run ( I did and most likey will never move away from dd/aq products)they have proven them selfs in more ways than one.Fi is still new to the block. Just my 2 cents

I say go with the HD3 this is from Fi WHAT IS NOT COVERED?

This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. *DUE TO THE EXTREME NATURE OF ITS INTENDED USAGE, THE BTL SERIES OF SUBWOOFERS HAS NO WARRANTY COVERAGE (outside of arriving in proper working condition after shipping and this is from Audioque 2 YEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE

In the event that an Audioque product fails due a manufacturing defect, we'll stand behind our product and fix or replace it free of charge for a time period of TWO(2) years from the date of purchase

Burnt or open coils are not covered under warranty. Customer abuse or competition use and power in excess of rating not covered under warranty I think thay are both good subs and the hd3 is a brother to the dd 9500 and it has a warranty and the btl dos not

I say go with the HD3 this is from Fi WHAT IS NOT COVERED?This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. *DUE TO THE EXTREME NATURE OF ITS INTENDED USAGE, THE BTL SERIES OF SUBWOOFERS HAS NO WARRANTY COVERAGE (outside of arriving in proper working condition after shipping and this is from Audioque 2 YEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE

In the event that an Audioque product fails due a manufacturing defect, we'll stand behind our product and fix or replace it free of charge for a time period of TWO(2) years from the date of purchase

Burnt or open coils are not covered under warranty. Customer abuse or competition use and power in excess of rating not covered under warranty I think thay are both good subs and the hd3 is a brother to the dd 9500 and it has a warranty and the btl dos not
nice post.

I think for your wattage AudioQue will work better. for high wattage I think they are both great subs. 2 of my team mates are using FI's 1 a 18" BTL and 1 is using 2 x 15" Qs and they get good numbers but needs wattage. SPL140.2 (egg) is using 3 HD3 10s I think and wins up in NY. I'm thinking of buying a 15" HD3 myself to see what I can do with 1500-2000 watts

I say go with the HD3 this is from Fi WHAT IS NOT COVERED?This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. *DUE TO THE EXTREME NATURE OF ITS INTENDED USAGE, THE BTL SERIES OF SUBWOOFERS HAS NO WARRANTY COVERAGE (outside of arriving in proper working condition after shipping and this is from Audioque 2 YEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE

aw sweet man...yeah i KNOW i remember reading about this a while back but i totally forgot about it...thanks a bunch, i think this reason will give us a nudge to go to the AQ side...not much but since it seems each one is a win-win situation, this reason gives AQ a slight advantage...

and we're looking for any advantage we can //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTL has better cooling though. I am kinda in the same situation. 3k-6k watts on hand and don't know which of these two subs to buy either:( .
are you planning on getting just ONE BTL or HD3? or 2?

cus if you're gonna feed 3-6K, from what these guys are saying, the BTL is def for you...

altho the BTL has better cooling, since we're not gonna feed the sub so much power, i think these guys are right that the HD3 would be fine for us...if you're gonna feed 2k+ into each, then you're probably looking at the BTL with all the upgrades...which pops it into the $470 or something like that...+$100 over HD3

you fellas are tellin me the btl can handle 6k dailey???? If thats so i call the BS flag //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif There isnt a sub to my knowledge that can take 6k dailey. Maybe 6k for burps. I can tell you the AQ will take 6k for burps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif been there done that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

egg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.