Fi Q 12 + Sundown SCV-1500d - spider option or not?

I just ordered both a Fi Q 12" and a Sundown SCV-1500d, I did a fully loaded Q besides the spider and sealed enclosure options.

However I know the SCV 1500w will push more than 1500w should I call before it's too late to add the spider option? Or with the cooling option and everything else the normal spider will be fine?

I'm not sure but I was under the impression adding the extra spider would hurt me more than help me, even if I pushed the sub 1800w.

What do you guys think?

Thank you and I can't wait to have a system again [emoji41]

It may put out more than 1.5k but after you factor in impedance rise and some voltage drop you'll never see that extra power.

Get the cooling option. The q will take it fine if you know what youre doing
I did get the cooling option. My question is should I call before it's too late and add the cooling option or not?

Most likely the sundown 1500d is all this sub will see but I may push the amp sometimes to perhaps 1800. Would the fi q without the spider option handle this daily? And is it better I stay without it?

I figured the spider was for majorly overpowering the sub like in the 2-2.5k range

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

It may put out more than 1.5k but after you factor in impedance rise and some voltage drop you'll never see that extra power.
Oh I didn't really account for that but suppose I was able to squeeze 1800w to it daily would I be better off without the spider option?

the sub will never see 1500 or 1800 either way. Just add the cooling. After imp rise that subwoofer will only be seeing around 1000-1200 watts.
Ok thanks but my question still remains I would like to know incase I ever get that much power to it

The Q is more of a SQ sub built to take 1.5k in the correct enclosure. Stick with the cooling.

The Q is more of a SQ sub built to take 1.5k in the correct enclosure. Stick with the cooling.
Yeah that's why I was thinking it would be stupid to get it...

And to the other guy you didn't answer if it could handle 1800w without the spider option anyway but it's fine I don't need to know if you don't want to tell lol

Thanks guys!

It will handle it just fine. And like he said you will NEVER get 1800
Ok do you think the sundown scv-1500d was still a good pick for this sub? I thought they would matchup perfectly for me... I had an spl oriented 15" before but I wanted to go more SQ this time and keep my hearing.

Yes. The real question is can you power the amp
I plan on doing the big 3 and running all 0g wire. Should that be fine with the stock alt and battery or should I upgrade one or both of those? If both which one would be better to get first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.