Fi N218 BTL or SSA 18 Xcon?

Participant count
  • Participant list

silenkiller
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
zz
Fi N218 BTL or SSA 18 Xcon?

So my buddy is trying to figure out which he wants to go with. I think its gonna be around 2k rms, prolly 6-cuft box tuned for 30hz in the backseat of a car.

Which would you go with? He is looking to really be able to feel the 30hz range in a few certain songs for the "wow" effect as he says lol

The Fi has a higher fs at Fs: 34.0 Hz while the Xcons is Fs 27.6 but the Fi's Spl: 94.0dB while the xcon is at SPL 91.5. I was leading more towards the btl. Thoughts?

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

I don't have any experience with either, but from what I've read the Xcon is going to sound a bit more musical whereas the BTL will get loud. not to say the xcon wont get loud or the btl wont sound good, but if he wants sq i would snag the xcon

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Okay, I have to ask..."in the backseat of a car"...

Explain? He wants to have 6 cubes and 100+lbs in his backseat? Not bashing, just wary of the possible safety issues he may run into.

Best wishes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Okay' date=' I have to ask..."in the backseat of a car"...
Explain? He wants to have 6 cubes and 100+lbs in his backseat? Not bashing, just wary of the possible safety issues he may run into.

Best wishes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif[/quote']

Haha I know right? Well I believe his plan is to have the box secured through the seats into the trunk somehow.

Haha I know right? Well I believe his plan is to have the box secured through the seats into the trunk somehow.
Any reason he can't have the enclosure in the trunk? He could fire the port into the cabin via ski-pass or the rear deck. Just a suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Safety and cosmetics would be my primary concerns.

Any reason he can't have the enclosure in the trunk? He could fire the port into the cabin via ski-pass or the rear deck. Just a suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Safety and cosmetics would be my primary concerns.
Yeah I'm gonna try and convince him of some stuff

instead, i would recommend going with 2 15's in a trunk setup like that. more cone area and better fit really. if you're looking for low pounding subs, the btl isnt your best bet. look into tc sounds and the xcons, best i've heard that are easily available right now...

...I think I might have a FS thread with 2 tc 3000's that would be perfect for that...lol. but as everyone else said, backseat bass is a bad idea and there are much better options than that. a single beast 15 firing into the cabin would outshine that setup.

Well his other concern is that when the subs are inside the cabin of his car there is no rattling, while I guess even after deadening there is still rattling if subs are in the trunk.

rattling you cant hear in the car really. And even with them in the cabin the trunk will still rattle. bass isnt directional, its radial, meaning it fills the car...to put it very generally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.