Fi BTL 18" Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jr06Chev

Wi
I recently picked up an fi btl from a guy in a trade that has been reconed and i am not sure of the peak watts i know that it is a duel 4ohm coil cause i put a meter on it but i am not sure of the year of the sub and he said it was one of the originals but how can i tell what model it is and year? the magnet is not a traditional monster that they all are, it is a double stacked setup and does not cover the whole basket. If you can help please do guys thanks. It has never been powered since the recone it is still new.

it seems like you got the D1 version.

This is my BTL 18, this is the D2 version

IMG_4204.jpg

Fi recently released a D3 version, but doubt you got the brand new one lol since the guy said it was an original. Most likely the D1

it seems like you got the D1 version.
This is my BTL 18, this is the D2 version

IMG_4204.jpg

Fi recently released a D3 version, but doubt you got the brand new one lol since the guy said it was an original. Most likely the D1
LOL!! You are misinformed. D1, d2, d4 do not indicate version. They indicate the coil configuration. D = dual and the number indicates the impedence of each coil.

This guy has Version 1 of the BTL. They made a double slug and triple slug. He has the double slug.

You have version 2 which was only single slug but had 30% more motor force going this route. Version 3 is neodymium and will come in several different flavors with the n1, n2, and some others that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

I recently picked up an fi btl from a guy in a trade that has been reconed and i am not sure of the peak watts i know that it is a duel 4ohm coil cause i put a meter on it but i am not sure of the year of the sub and he said it was one of the originals but how can i tell what model it is and year? the magnet is not a traditional monster that they all are, it is a double stacked setup and does not cover the whole basket. If you can help please do guys thanks. It has never been powered since the recone it is still new.
Rated at 2kw rms, I've fed mine 3kw with no problems.

LOL!! You are misinformed. D1, d2, d4 do not indicate version. They indicate the coil configuration. D = dual and the number indicates the impedence of each coil.
This guy has Version 1 of the BTL. They made a double slug and triple slug. He has the double slug.

You have version 2 which was only single slug but had 30% more motor force going this route. Version 3 is neodymium and will come in several different flavors with the n1, n2, and some others that I cannot remember off the top of my head.
Thanks for informing me. Now I look like an idiot lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.