few questions about JL 12w6v2

how good the sub sounds (regardless of how much you pay for it) is largely determined by the enclosure and it's placement. a prefab box placed in the trunk will usually give poor results regardless of how much you spend on equipment.

i'll add a recommendation for a Hertz HX300D.

how good the sub sounds (regardless of how much you pay for it) is largely determined by the enclosure and it's placement. a prefab box placed in the trunk will usually give poor results regardless of how much you spend on equipment.
i'll add a recommendation for a Hertz HX300D.
how about corner loading?

Not sure about corner loading, but I've run and heard the w6 numerous times, sealed and ported. I think what was meant by Keephopealive's statement was that you should be sure whether you go ported, or sealed to build the box according to the subs specs or have a box builder here on the forum design it for you.

i just built a box for 2 w6s 12s...i did 5 cu ft tuned to 32-33...and it is clear and gets pretty loud, so i would say 2.5 before displacement and tune to 30-33.

Ya Jl makes some good woofers, just hunt for the best deal possible. Eclipse(TC Sounds) also makes great sounding subs that can get loud. Im runing a 6210 12" i got off ebay new for $110 and its very clean and runin 3cu ported it gets pretty loud for what it is. Go ported, you can get good sound out of it if its designed/built right... and get louder than sealed usually.

what kind of car?
bmw 3 series coupe

there's corner loading:

5797398727_bea139d227.jpg

5797951808_bc9cebcc33.jpg

and there's this:

Rear Deck Pass-through - E90Fanatics

and finally, this:

Sub install through Ski Boot - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

what would work best?

Well at least the battery is in the trunk so you wont have to worry about running the power wire for the amp. I have a buddy with an 02 328i and we have been trying to come up with a simple design. The best we could come up with was finding a backseat that folded down and swapping it in then punching out the sheetmetal barrier between the cabin and trunk. The metal there is stamped and looks like it was meant to be removed.

Well at least the battery is in the trunk so you wont have to worry about running the power wire for the amp. I have a buddy with an 02 328i and we have been trying to come up with a simple design. The best we could come up with was finding a backseat that folded down and swapping it in then punching out the sheetmetal barrier between the cabin and trunk. The metal there is stamped and looks like it was meant to be removed.
my backseats can already be folded down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.