fergin truck sub boxes.

audi.trevor
10+ year member

salem
Im getting fed up with trying to build a good box for my regular cab 1990 isuzu. its a custom mini truck, full f.b.s.s. air ride with 1/2" valves, so my bed is almost useless, Im thinking about building a tonneau cover (cause they dont really make them for my truck) and doing a cut through box, my cab has already been tubbed for the drivshaft to fit, and the truck is 17 years old, I plan on keeping it for some time, so I think the cut through box will be nice, to maintain leg and behind bench room, as well as have plenty of cu.ft. and space to have a decent 15".

I know purists say dont hack up your cab, but I figure I already got the frame, time to make the cab match //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

any insight on what to do and what not to do will be greatly appreciated. thanks -trevor

build a huge box facing you, by taking out the passenger seat, or if bench seats, bolt up a bucket seat on the driver side. Thats what me and a buddy did.

has any one here done a cutthrough? any advice?

I know people say leave room for flex between the bed and cab, but how much does it really flex?

Ive gone side to side on my bag setup to try and measure it and as far as I can tell I cant see anything.

i know a friend that did a cut through in a bagged s-10. it's been holding up for a year now. we could not see any flex of the cab or bed. very nice setup if done correctly.

did he use weather stripping that has some play in it (i.e. cut the cab whole bigger then the bed one to allow for movement?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.