Favorites and least favorites.

supereikenator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm sure this thread has been done before, but I'm a noob and want to start an updated one.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif So what is everyone's favorite subwoofer they have owned or heard? Not necessarily the loudest or cleanest, just one that you fondly remember. My favorite would probably be my brothers Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15. And what is everyone's least favorite they have heard/owned? For this mine would have to be a buddy of mines MTX Thunder 4500's, I'm not sure why, but I hated the sound of those 12's.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Go for it! Post pics if you got em!

My favorite was a sounstream MULE I loved those 12 svc 600rms and pounded never gave me any problems and loved whatever box I put them in

Oh and I forgot, this old Jensen (I know, "bad brand") with a white hand on it! The sound quality was pretty bad, but it hit okay, and it was durable! We beat the crap out of that thing. Hooked it up to a Rockford T1500 and blasted it. We never actually killed it, the surround ripped, the dustcap popped off, and it smelt awful, but to this day, that sub still works! It was also the first sub I ever had, so it is remembered fondly.

Probably catch some flack for it, but I really liked my alpine type-x's.

Least- MTX Thunder's - don't remember which series they happen to be because it's going on 15 years ago or so now. Probably didn't help that I had them stuffed in a prefab bandpass box for my first system ever.

Least, i would agree with the mtx road thunders 12inch bottomed out on 100 watts. Favorite, re audio se 10d4, have a set now in a double07 sealed box powered by my new fav amp, saz1500v.3.

Favorite - Audiomobile Evo 10" on my Audiosystem Twister F6 at 2 ohms bridged

Least favorite - My buddies clipped Infinity 1060W in a prefab box on a crappy Bazooka amp.

Fav= JL Audio 10w3v2 in a ported box. Played every note and all music and was loud on 360 watts.

Least= never personally had a sub that I ever hated. Just had some I liked more than others.

lots of favs

Brahma MKII off a crossfire vr1000 in my Pontiac in college

Crossfire XSV2's off PB 5k in my exploder

FI Q off of an ED 9.1 in the Pontiac

Diamond d6 10s in my camero back in high school

least favs

Lightning audio X. something 15 ****** *** on my kicker zx 1500

JL 13w6s I traded my FI BL for 2 of them and they where not loud at all and sounded dry to me

Fav: 1999 Orion HCCA-15D

Least Fav: MTX 6000 12"

That orion was SICK, I miss it dearly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif The MTX's I had 2 in a sealed enclosure and I just wasn't impressed at all with the way they sounded, luckily for me I didn't pay much for them and was able to flip them pretty fast and move on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

lots of favs
Brahma MKII off a crossfire vr1000 in my Pontiac in college

Crossfire XSV2's off PB 5k in my exploder

FI Q off of an ED 9.1 in the Pontiac

Diamond d6 10s in my camero back in high school

least favs

Lightning audio X. something 15 ****** *** on my kicker zx 1500

JL 13w6s I traded my FI BL for 2 of them and they where not loud at all and sounded dry to me

I have to agree w/ the Adire Brahma MKII.

I used to have a Adire Brahma MKII 10" D2 on JBL BP1200.1 w/ Harrison Labs 30hz HPF Fmods in 1.3ish cuft @ 28hz....w/ the old Pioneer DEH6400 HU.

Damit, that 10" sub was seeexxxxxxx....I just wish Dan could have kept the company alive, and the XBL^2 idea would have progressed even further!!!!!

Favorite: Savard Pro. Was just like the OLD kicker competitions, but better (I really wish they'd come back, I still have a Rap 15")

Reason: No matter how it was setup, no matter the box, they hit so **** hard, and sounded clean.

Least Favorite: All 9 of my JL12W6s in '97.

Reason: Magnets slid apart after playing for about an hour. (subs were about 6 months old) YES MAGNETS SLID APART UNDER THAT RUBBER COVER. And JL would NOT warranty their product, saying I over-powered them drastically.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supereikenator

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
supereikenator
Strafford, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date