Far Rear SUV Spkrs

Participant count
  • Participant list

RebelDogg
10+ year member

Badd Dogg
I was thinking of putting speakers in the far rear (cargo area) of my 1999 Tahoe.

The factory speakers are some odd size. 5x10 or something, I don't remember. I'm thinking of rigging some up there (read something about making baffles... or bezels... or whatever they're called to make speakers fit in factory locations)

What I want to know is: what speakers (size, type) would do best there, if any?

I know it depends on my system as a whole (which is constantly changing as I learn more) but my main thought is that my subs are back there. Right now I've got 1 CVX 12" sealed. I'll be putting another eventually. The subs are on the floor and the other speakers would be up on the roof, facing front.

Would subs just drown out anything back there, or would the higher frequencies shoot over the sub bass to the front? Should I put lower freq. speakers back there (10's, etc), maybe 6x9's? Would smaller (8's or 6.5's) be best?

I may never put anything back there as I think it's probably unnecessary, but I was just thinking about it.

any speaker would probably get drowned out by the sub with noone sitting back there whats the point except for looks
The point for me is to give me something to do... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I knew nothing about CA not that long ago. Now I understand what they mean by it's not a hobby, it's an addiction. I'm spending a lot of my free time reading up on crap and fooling with my stereo in my car. Re-running wires, big 3, making bezels, about to deaden doors. I've never been much for DIY type stuff, but I'm kind of hooked on this. Plus I'm learning more about cars and electronics (2 things I never knew much about)

I was just looking for an excuse to make the little bezels to make something fit back there...

remove the headliner and all plastic and deaden the whole truck
Eventually. Front and cargo doors weekend after next. Later, floor. Issue of money, though. It's going to cost me $2-300 just to do the front doors and put what's left on the cargo doors (where my worst rattling is)

The point for me is to give me something to do... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifit's not a hobby, it's an addiction...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

do what makes you happy in the end its your truck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.