Familiar with ds18 audio?

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
I wanna put an 8 in the wife’s car pref cheap for $120 this elite z 8 looks aight but not too familiar with ds18 audio other then seeing it on my eBay home page for the few months. Is it just rebranded alibaba like everything else now or are they selling decent stuff?

8" Subwoofer

Dual 4 Ohm

RMS Power: 500 Watts

Max Power: 900 Watts

Black Color Steel Basket

60 Oz. High Strength Ferrite Magnet

2.5" BASV 4 Layer Voice Coil

Sensitivity: 85.2 dB

Frequency Response: 46 Hz - 2.8 KHz

Reinforced Fiberglass Woven Dust Cap for High Power Applications.

I wanna put an 8 in the wife’s car pref cheap for $120 this elite z 8 looks aight but not too familiar with ds18 audio other then seeing it on my eBay home page for the few months. Is it just rebranded alibaba like everything else now or are they selling decent stuff?
8" Subwoofer

Dual 4 Ohm

Black Color Steel Basket

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/goldcup.gif.fed6f294523aaacf5ee40f0193e776f8.gif

I bought some 6.5 neos before. They sounded good and took power. Was happy with them. There subs might be a completely different story though. I would be curious to find out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Why reply if you have no insight
He bolded rebranded alibaba. I have no experience with ds18 but I wouldn’t bother with it either. I would rather run a soundqubed hds 8 for $89 (only have d4 in stock at the moment) or go with a sundown refurb sa8 for $129

8" Subwoofer

Dual 4 Ohm

Black Color Steel Basket

Stay away, most of there stuff is bottom of the barrel alibaba.

Is it just rebranded alibaba like everything else
Like everything else in that price range you mean.

That said, not everything coming out of these Chinese sweatshops is terrible but you simply don't know which products are going to be decent and which junk. Most people who would know the difference aren't gambling on no-name cheap brands so you're relying on reviews from folks who may not even know better.

If you like a gamble give it a whirl and see what happens. It's probably identical to something else already out there.

I knew everyone would say sa8 and it's a def option but I'm the kind of guy if I was gonna buy a sa8 might as well spend a little more and get an x8....but I'm really not trying to do all that In the wife's ride she's probably gonna go shoe shopping and throw a box back there no fuks given cause she doesn't care about being a basshead

I knew everyone would say sa8 and it's a def option but I'm the kind of guy if I was gonna buy a sa8 might as well spend a little more and get an x8....but I'm really not trying to do all that In the wife's ride she's probably gonna go shoe shopping and throw a box back there no fuks given cause she doesn't care about being a basshead
It's called craigslist...

I don't know about your cl and offer up area but where I am there is a ton of car audio but it's either junk or overpriced. Any time something decent is posted it's swooped up and someone trys to flip it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.