false bottom trunk for my amps..

Participant count
  • Participant list

hansk
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ATL
how would be the best way to build i false bottom in my hatch back trunk to display to 2 amps under a clear plastic window? i would love to hear some ideas.. still trying to figure out what to do....

really nobody has any ideas.... about a plexi glass bottom to see my dual amps in my trunk?????

Not entirely sure what you're asking for exactly. but i can tell you what would look good and unique.

Build an mdf frame (sides; and bottom if you want) carpet it to match your interior. Then get a piece of plexi and put it on top. run a few small fans pushing air on one side (usually one per amp works/just have them blowing over heat sinks) and then other fans pulling air out on the other side.

To make it unique, have something stenciled into the plexi (such as brand names, slogan, etc)

I would elevate the amps off the floor just enough to run some LED's or neons under them. This way the light will glow around them without the actual tube being seen and looking cheezy.

I do this kind of conceptual work, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask via pm. GL.

i had that idea for the neons but where my amps are now they are in a tray sitting on top of my spare tire and underneath the trunk bottom

OB05cargo1a.JPG

its like this image in this link above.. the part where u can pull it up thats were i wanna do 2 semi small oval plexi glass windows going over the amps underneath

So you want to cut part of the flooring to make them visibly displayed? or you want them shown in plexi when you lift the floor?

p.s. rounded edges can be a pita. especially if you have to either fiberglass or kerf a circular container for the amps to support the plexi.

ya im gonna lift the floor and cut the part out so you can see them under the plexi glass...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.