Factory speaker wiring. Leave it or replace it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gibhunter
10+ year member

The easy way would be to connect new wiring to the wiring harness adapter's speaker leads and let the signal run through the stock wiring. The problem is that I'm running 90 watts RMS to the speakers and am afraid that the cheap wiring harness connections and 14 year old speaker wires in my 1990 Prelude might not handle the load or will not deliver half of that power to the speakers. Are my fears justified or am I worrying too much?

If I should replace it, I guess I'll have to cut the speaker wire from the wiring harness, connect new wires to them and pull them from inside of the door. Correct?

Ps. I'm not planning on going back to the factory stereo. I'll drive this car untill I run it into the ground, but till then I want some nice audio:D

I really think the wire that came stock with the car will do fine. As long as it has not been exposed to the elements it will not go bad. Plus with the little amount of power you plan on putting through it, they wire should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.