Factory Head Unit - Speaker-level outputs and factor fader question

Participant count
  • Participant list

mccar

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've spent the better part of a day now trying to truly understand "summing" for speaker-level outputs from a factory head unit.
The car I'm getting only has 4 channels out and no subwoofer

I'm considering the audiocontrol d-6.1200 to start with. It has a LOC, DSP, decent power with really low THD. I think it would power my entire system to start with and leave me room to upgrade to a better front stage in the future and adding a sub amp.

My question is on these two diagrams provided by audiocontrol in their manuals. I get that a full signal from the factory radio will give me full range, but would it give me the fader control that is built into the factory head unit? See picture for better explanation.

Thanks in advance for any help and replies.

base connections.png

Last edited:
Tagging along I had a similar question. Seems like in the second diagram you would retain full control of balance and fade but I’ll wait until someone with more knowledge answers!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...