factory headunit w/amp/sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

civicowner

ok i got a 02 honda civic w/the in dash single cd player, now i got a quote on installing my head unit left over from my previous car, to get the head unit installed w/ an amp and set of subs thats in a box(plus i have to but all the harnesses,dashkit, wires etc.) is about 200$.......my question is, will it be cheaper to get the subs and amp wired straight into my factory cd player.......or should i just get my pioneer head unit with front and rear outputs for a sub installed in dash......it would be awesome for anyone to give me some helpfull advice on this:D

wire as follows for a 2ohm mono load for the shivas....im assuming you have 2 of them?

spk3dvc3.gif

i would recomend going w/ the pioneer headunit.....it will have rca outputs and i doubt your factory deck will.....it would be alot easier to just install the pioneer otherwise you'd have to either get an adapter that converts your speaker signal to rca or if the jbl...which i think it does....has speaker level inputs you'd have to run the wires from like your rear speakers to the amp as well.....much easier to remove the factory deck and add an aftermarket one...good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.