Factory BOSE Amps in my ride. Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TimberJon
10+ year member

LA, CA
I got the factory speaks, and amps. All are in excellent condition. Just bought the car from a guy who was the original owner. 1993 Nissan Maxima SE.

Now he had an older model Sony HU wired in there with a scosche harness and OEA-4, you all know what that is, the Factory Amplifier Integration Adapter with the gains on it. I saw that setup and said oh, goody, I have to get one of those.

(I have to give the HU & wiring back to the guy. Or maybe not, but still...)

On the package for the Scosche OEA4 it says for Stereos up to 80 watts. Well.. my Pioneer DEH-P7700MP is NOT 80 watts. Im pretty sure its a MAX of 50x4. A nominal 14-25 watts RMS or something like that.

ANYWAYS, should it be wired like that with an aftermarket HU?

OR should I get the harness wired up with RCAs to hook up to the pre-amp channels in the back of the unit?

I can wire up the scosche amp adapter now, or wait. Need some guidance.

I would have to say from personal experience with 3 maxima's and a 2 G35's - GET RID OF THE BOSE

The bose sound quality isn't very good, the part quality isn't very good. They really aren't worth playing with. I would only use the BOSE components while I was collecting parts to replace everything.

I tried using many combinations of bose and aftermarket parts. The bose stuff has crazy equalization and non-musical drivers.

I think at moderate volumes you would be better off with HU power running to halfway decent speakers - of course with a plan for amps in the future.

Great cars though.

Aye. Love the car, had 6.5" Pioneer 3-ways in the front in my GXE, and 6x9 4-ways in the back. BUT, that was trashed, and I never got the speakers out. So... I need to buy a whole new set, and just crimp em to the standard HU harness? I doubt I will add any amps later on.

In the meantime, should I just wire it up like it already is for the Sony? I just want my radio In so I can give the previous owner back his HU.

my friend had the same thing, factory bose amp and speakers. we just hook his deck up like it was going to stock speakers. the part that messed me up was the turn on lead for the bose amp, it took me like 3 hours to figure that out.

but for stock it sounded good, just to much tweeter sound. so you will want to adjust the EQ in your deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.