face plate won't slide open (pio prem)

Sam524
10+ year member

MD
alright so my friend and i were putting in my head unit yesterday (pioneer premier deh-p8mp) and when he was holding it and i turned the car off, his hand got in the way of when it was sliding open, so it wouldn't open all the way. now when i hit eject, it slides open a tiny bit, but just keeps playing the cd player. it does the same thing when i turn off the car and it's supposed to slide open. just comes down a little bit and stops. anyone else have/had this problem?

alright so my friend and i were putting in my head unit yesterday (pioneer premier deh-p8mp) and when he was holding it and i turned the car off, his hand got in the way of when it was sliding open, so it wouldn't open all the way. now when i hit eject, it slides open a tiny bit, but just keeps playing the cd player. it does the same thing when i turn off the car and it's supposed to slide open. just comes down a little bit and stops. anyone else have/had this problem?
try resetting the h/u, it'll be a small small button, you'll have to use a pencil/pen to get it.......write down any settings you won't remember, cause you'll lose all of them

edit: the button should be the really tiny black button on the far bottom right corner that isn't labeled.......push that w/ a pencil and the whole unit should turn off....

i've tried resetting it. still nothing
I cannot say for certain not having seen the unit in question so definately I'm allowing the possibility of being wrong but from the sounds of things:

...and when he was holding it and i turned the car off, his hand got in the way of when it was sliding open, so it wouldn't open all the way...
I'm afraid to me it sounds like a mechanical issue that was created when it was forced to remain closed while trying to open. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i'm not sure if it will make any difference, but possibly try removing the 12v power lead to the h/u....(most likely will do the exact same thing as resetting it...but worth a try)

if not, email/call pioneer, or search their site for authorized repair shops and see what they tell you.....good luck

I'm guessing the gears got thrown off when the finger jammed it. Might have to get it fixed.

Try some wd-40 in the gears first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.