External USB hard drive gets "NA DEVICE" on my Kenwood KDC-BT555U

Participant count
  • Participant list

matticus

I have a usb powered external hard drive (toshiba canvio 3.0 plus) and when I plug it in via USB to my Kenwood KDC-BT555U I get the NA DEVICE message and am unable to browse or play any music from the device.

Anyone know of a fix to this, or if I need a different hard drive? I think this one installs some plug and play driver into the computer so that could be an issue. Anyone got an idea as to how I can use an external hard drive with my head unit?

the usb drive does not have enough power to run a hard drive that big most decks dont,i know the new pioneer decks are supposed to have a stronger usb output

he is correct, you can run a usb reader to use an sd card but can't do hard drive. the power acoustik, soundstream ingenix models should be able to run external hard drives but not sure how well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.