Exposed wire - internal

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was playing with one of my amps and noticed that there was an extra wire just chillin going nowhere. Anyone know what the dilly is, should I just rip it off?

bYJULUS.jpg

dJY5tfI.jpg

To me it looks like it's the grounds for the rca inputs. For some reason there is an extra piece of wire, not soft enough to be solder, coming off of the connector. I'm leaning towards just ripping it off.

get a better picture of the pot nearby where the wire is coming from and look for missing or broken solder joints

what amp is this?

it looks like it was definitely soldered somewhere, but why and where. cant really see a missing solder joint, unless the bottom corner of the closest pot is where it was grounded it looks shiny like theres solder

i dont see it in this picture but im having a hard time finding a clean board pic of this amp at the right angle

91082_4.jpg

Well those two boards that are vertical on the right side are for the RCA inputs.

The board closest to the chassis is for the negative from the RCA's.

The board closest to you is the positive signal from the RCA's.

The second board is then connected to the white terminal called CON102, these connect the RCA's to the rest of the signal path. This connector has 8 wires coming out of it, this is a 4 channel amp, so I think all is accounted for.

There are no other IC's or parts on these two boards.

Yeah there is solder over there, but all four of the negative solder joints are a mess, and actually globbed together, I think that's just extra gunk.

I think the purpose of that section is to connect the negative from the front board to the signal path of the closest board, then routed out through the white connector.

I'm still voting ripping it off.

Good idea for a reference pic, though none of the ones I found had the boards, the wires where directly connected to the RCA's, no need for the white connector.

As seen in the pic you found, they must be Draconia I/II's.

The closest I could find is a Leviathan, the solder joints look cleaner, and there is not wire.

Looking at the amp some more, I don't think it's original, I bought the amp used.

There appears to be some handy work next to the power supply as well. The circuit board was even rubbed down to expose the leads running inside.

Gws0wWc.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

is it a metal panel ? or that plastic ?as it looks like it could be a panel ground.
Which metal panel? The board the RCA's connect to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.