Experience with audiopipe amps?

i had a ap 1500 running on my 18" rd audio heavy weight and dont get me wrong the amp would push it alright and sounded pretty good to but had problems out of it after 3 months of use it burnt one of the coils up on the board but i had a one year warranty on the amp so got it fixed and all and the seconded one started doing the same thing so i just ditched the audio pipes for now but great amps imo

dirty power i lol people dont even know what they are talking about i bet you couldnt tell the difference A vrs B on another class D.

^ i will go out on a limb and bet you didnt buy them from shop,correct?

there was some referbished units being sold online REALLY cheap a couple months back...

I bought a 1500 after reading good things about them here on the forums, i had it powering 2 dc level 4/5 18s as a temporary setup at .5 ohms. Worked like a champ and moved them 18s wayyy better than i expected. and 160 bucks new with a warranty? blew my mind to say the least.

dirty power i lol people dont even know what they are talking about i bet you couldnt tell the difference A vrs B on another class D.
^ i will go out on a limb and bet you didnt buy them from shop,correct?

there was some referbished units being sold online REALLY cheap a couple months back...
i bought them from car audio deals for 150 and i bet it was a refurb haha but oh well

I bought a 1500 after reading good things about them here on the forums, i had it powering 2 dc level 4/5 18s as a temporary setup at .5 ohms. Worked like a champ and moved them 18s wayyy better than i expected. and 160 bucks new with a warranty? blew my mind to say the least.
How'd it handle the .5? I've heard bad things but you made it sound like it did good.

A lot of people on the net said they run their AP1500s into half ohm and it liked it. Can't run the AP3000 into 1 ohm mono though, as far as I've heard.
How does that make any sense? So then would I be better off to just strap two externally and run them each at .5?

How does that make any sense? So then would I be better off to just strap two externally and run them each at .5?

Even though the AP3000 is two internally-strapped AP1500s it doesn't mean it's exactly the same. I read the post of a few AP3000 owners(one uses it for SPL) and they said it didn't like 1 ohm mono and goes into protection if you do so.

I suppose if you have enough impedance rise then you can roll the volume and be fine.

Older thread but I did a install with a ap1000.1 it sounded great. Im thinking of running a ap1500 soon possibly on a bl 18 d1. Throw her at 2 ohms for about 1k rms perfect for the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.