expedition harness = nonexistent?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
Ive been installing a stereo in my fiance's brothers expedition all day, come to find out that he didnt have the correct harness for the navigation unit.

He has a 2004 expedition with the 6cd changer/navi/premium sound in it. I cant seem to find a harness anywhere on the internet for his truck?

anyone have input on this? I'de rather not cut the stock harness, but all that google has turned up for me is that route.

The vehicle has 5 plugs coming from the headunit, one being for the stock sub/amp and one being for the cd changer. So, i need a harness with at least 3 plugs it seems.

The harness he has is two separate harnesses, one of which would have been for the sub/amp (but doesnt fit).

Pic is uploading

FxCam_1287271643030.jpg

another quick bump. im seriously mindboggled right now. Every harnes if ind for an expedition is a different style harness, NONE of them match up with ANY of the stereo plugs in this truck.....

Bestbuy 80miles away?...geeze do u play a banjo? Orf the spoons? Lol jk. Look here for a matching harness.ford has like 12 harnesses.

Metra Electronics

Just to let u know, retaining the factory changer is not gonna happen. The small 8pin harness is for your subs and the flat harness is power and gnd and all. I've used a harness for this before but had to order it and I worked at bestbuy.

Bestbuy 80miles away?...geeze do u play a banjo? Orf the spoons? Lol jk. Look here for a matching harness.ford has like 12 harnesses.
Metra Electronics

Just to let u know, retaining the factory changer is not gonna happen. The small 8pin harness is for your subs and the flat harness is power and gnd and all. I've used a harness for this before but had to order it and I worked at bestbuy.
we arent trying to retain anything, i just didnt want to cut the harness.

I guess i'll just tap into it. I cant find a matching harness on the net ANYWHERE, and ive found multiple forum threads about people having to cut them.

the thing that baffles me is that the harness in this rig doesnt match any other 2004 harnesses ive found, or even other expedittions that post pictures of installing decks....

should be a 70 5521 metra number and also might need a 70-55020aux if you want to retain factory aux input if it has one
Like, i said, i have checked metra, scosche, and dynex sites, none of which have the right harness.

I have the 5521 sitting here next to me.... doesnt fit.

Have you tried Crutchfeild? They have installation accessories (Kits and harnasses)

If you call them and talk to a tech,they may get you right.Or you can go to their web site and IM with a tech.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.