Excelon KDC-X915 (RIP)

Participant count
  • Participant list

eviljin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Miami
I've had this HU for five years and it has finally gave up on me. In desperation, I went to Sound Advise today to get an Alpine 9835 to replace my goo-ol' Excelon, and it has been a big disappointment in terms of comparison in sound and sound control (after hours and hours of tweaking). I immediately went back later that afternoon and had them swap it for an Eclipse 8443. The sound quality is as impressive as my goo-ol' 915, but this is one boring HU! It has a weird dull blue back lighting and odd user interface design.

Does anybody have any experience with the new Excelon HUs (X969 / X979)? WTF am I gonna do with only 5V pre-outs? Should I just stick with this 8443? Does anybody know where I can find a BNEW Excelon KDC-X915? Please help me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.