Exactly how much power can a BTL take daily?

Why would someone buy a big ass amplifier, and then search for a speaker to handle it? Is telling your friends you run a 4kw amplifier really that important? Would gaining down its output to something less than 4kw really be that awful?

Most people buy the speakers they want, and then purchase an amplifier that would power it properly. There's alot to be said for this approach, rather than simply trying to find a sub that will match your X number of watts.

Finally, describe your charging system. Unless its beefed up considerably, these arguments are all moot because your sub(s) wont ever see 4kw anyway.

i beat the hell out of my btl with 2500w and it had to be mildly clipping and it took a year of abuse before the clipping made it fail. Now i'm throwing 4kw unclipped and its taking it like a champ. these coils have alot of life in them, and are fairly cheap to recone. I love my btl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why would someone buy a big ass amplifier, and then search for a speaker to handle it? Is telling your friends you run a 4kw amplifier really that important? Would gaining down its output to something less than 4kw really be that awful?

Most people buy the speakers they want, and then purchase an amplifier that would power it properly. There's alot to be said for this approach, rather than simply trying to find a sub that will match your X number of watts.

Finally, describe your charging system. Unless its beefed up considerably, these arguments are all moot because your sub(s) wont ever see 4kw anyway.
Well if you've read the entire thread (which you obviously haven't) I've mentioned on multiple occasions that I'm only looking for it to take 2500-3000. Anyways, only reason i bought the amp first is because I got a pretty sick deal on it. Anyways, electrical is fine. 0g (soon to be stinger 3/0), kinetik 1800, soon to have a 260a alt.

Well if you've read the entire thread (which you obviously haven't) I've mentioned on multiple occasions that I'm only looking for it to take 2500-3000. Anyways, only reason i bought the amp first is because I got a pretty sick deal on it. Anyways, electrical is fine. 0g (soon to be stinger 3/0), kinetik 1800, soon to have a 260a alt.
you need more electrical... I had 4/0, pair of BatCap 2K's and a 300A alt (with voltage regulator mod) and the big3 done in 2/0.... still could have used more

you need more electrical... I had 4/0, pair of BatCap 2K's and a 300A alt (with voltage regulator mod) and the big3 done in 2/0.... still could have used more
Yes, but once again, I'm NOT expectin a full 4000. I'm not even expecting 3, I'd be happy with 2500 which is probably near where ill have it set anyways. Either way. This is all beyond the point. I'm looking for a sub that, in the future, once backed by sufficient elctrical, will be able to handle CLOSE to 4k

Well if your plans are to gain the output down, why dont you just do that until the sub seems happy, and them come back and tell US what a BTL will handle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well if your plans are to gain the output down, why dont you just do that until the sub seems happy, and them come back and tell US what a BTL will handle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
yeah, ive decided to go with a nightshade anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.