Ever seen or done work in the newer BMW X3s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TC2k15x2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Debary FL
I just bought a 2009 BMW X3 about a month ago, 15k miles, white w/ black leather and the M sport package on it. It is fully loaded other than NAV and it has stock BMW speakers, which will make it easier to throw some CA equipment in it.

My idea is to do a Cleansweep, so I can keep the stock HU, for front stage I need ideas on 4" speakers for doors, two 8" midbass woofers for under the seats, and how I should amp them. I dont want an amp thats going to draw to much power, because im going to be running atleast a 4kw monoblock and theres no HO alts out for the x3.

Stock the alt is 150A and batt is in trunk so that will make things easier. It doesnt have a huge trunk but im sure theres enough room to do 2 15's in a large enclosure or 1 18. Im thinking im going to run the SMD line of subs, not sure which amp atm. Mainly what im trying to do is have a very loud SPL based setup but I want to make sure the frontstage is very loud, crisp and clear first and foremost then worry about a beefy *** substage. This setup will be done right, and my budget for frontstage for everything will be around $1500 and no budget on substage. Im open to taking all suggestions , thanks for the help guys! ///M PWR!

I will also post pics of the new whip tmrw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/driving.gif.c4dead4599dda895032b63e51f52b126.gif

Can't recommend Hybrid Audio Legatia SE series enough. L8SE under the seats, L4SE in the doors. I am not a fan of their tweeters, but a pair of Morel Supremo Piccolos would sound awesome.

Can't recommend Hybrid Audio Legatia SE series enough. L8SE under the seats, L4SE in the doors. I am not a fan of their tweeters, but a pair of Morel Supremo Piccolos would sound awesome.
So those are 4"? And how would those sound compared to JLs 4" Evolutions?

with a couple beefy batts the alt should be fine..
Yea thats what I figured, im not sure if I should do a 5ch amp since im going to do all 4 door speakers and 2 8" Sundown E8s to take place of the stock 8 inch woofers.

Although I am not a big fan of the newer style X3s, I dont think you should be destroying a car like that with 4kw worth of bass. Unless you're going to deaden the hell out of it, I would turn it down with the bass.

Just my .02

Although I am not a big fan of the newer style X3s, I dont think you should be destroying a car like that with 4kw worth of bass. Unless you're going to deaden the hell out of it, I would turn it down with the bass.
Just my .02
True true, I was thinking about doing a single saz-3500d, and I will be deadening it all around.

what? I thought you said you were doing 4kw? what are the E8s for?
Those are just stock midbass im going to replace the 8's under the front seats with the E8s and run the door speakers and the 2 E8s with a 5ch amp. Im doing that so its balanced all around.

The Hybrids hands down are an excellent choice for drivers. The L4SE is slightly oversized as is all Hybrid drivers so some mods to mounting location may be needed and if I remember right you will need a shallow 8" driver to go in the factory locations thus I don't believe the SA-8 or even the E-8 will work as a straight drop in replacement. You are correct about the factory alternator not having a HO replacement (even though 150 amps is strong in itself) and that's mostly because that alternator is water cooled and tied into the factory cooling system...but as stated adding a big strong battery and you should be just fine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.