Equalizers: Recommendations?

who the f u c k cares what you assume it is?
get an Arc tech on the phone and come back with some facts- otherwise your ASSUMPTIONS are worthless and are bringing confusion to the thread
I really dont care that much to verify it with arc. I'm just pointing it out. Its a nice day, enjoy it instead of getting worked up on an internet forum.

yes, that arc piece looks like a simple graphic EQ to me, doesnt seem to have Q or frequency adjustments.

still looks nice though, and that new XEQ sounds hot, i like the idea of a clipping indicator.

I really dont care that much to verify it with arc. I'm just pointing it out. Its a nice day, enjoy it instead of getting worked up on an internet forum.
bs comments like yours is what starts rumors and misinformation in forums

It is a nice day, you should refrain from talkin' shyt for shyt talking sake .....

i like that..."7-band parametric equalizer" and you have fixed frequencies...somebody dropped the ball on that one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

'In a graphic equalizer the center frequencies and associated bands are fixed with only the amplitude adjustable. A parametric equalizer allows the user to select the center frequency and bandwidth to be affected by an amplitude adjustment. In this way, the parametric equalizer offers the maximum amount of flexibility and customizability versus a graphic equalizer. Generally, a graphic equalizer is adjustable at a large number of frequencies (as many as 30 center frequencies) to allow fairly precise control over the frequency response while a parametric equalizer only adjusts a few areas of the frequency, which are carefully chosen.'

'In a graphic equalizer the center frequencies and associated bands are fixed with only the amplitude adjustable. A parametric equalizer allows the user to select the center frequency and bandwidth to be affected by an amplitude adjustment. In this way, the parametric equalizer offers the maximum amount of flexibility and customizability versus a graphic equalizer. Generally, a graphic equalizer is adjustable at a large number of frequencies (as many as 30 center frequencies) to allow fairly precise control over the frequency response while a parametric equalizer only adjusts a few areas of the frequency, which are carefully chosen.'
Shall we look at graphic eq's from that SAME site...

'Graphic Equalizer

Form of equalizer (device used to adjust or change a signal's frequency response typically by changing its amplitude) using multiple previously set, fixed frequency bands to adjust the amplitude of the waveform at those specific frequencies. The center frequencies used and bandwidth affected by equalization are not changeable, allowing a user only to adjust the amplitude (thereby adjusting the sound level of the waveform at the set frequencies over their set bands). Graphic equalizers typically have multiple adjustable settings covering from one full octave to one third of an octave. They are used to achieve a flatter frequency response from a given audio system in a given acoustic space. A graphic equalizer contrasts to a parametric equalizer, which is much more flexible, by allowing the user to adjust the amplitude of a signal at a center frequency and affected frequency band chosen by the user. '

point made

Shall we look at graphic eq's from that SAME site...'Graphic Equalizer

Form of equalizer (device used to adjust or change a signal's frequency response typically by changing its amplitude) using multiple previously set, fixed frequency bands to adjust the amplitude of the waveform at those specific frequencies. The center frequencies used and bandwidth affected by equalization are not changeable, allowing a user only to adjust the amplitude (thereby adjusting the sound level of the waveform at the set frequencies over their set bands). Graphic equalizers typically have multiple adjustable settings covering from one full octave to one third of an octave. They are used to achieve a flatter frequency response from a given audio system in a given acoustic space. A graphic equalizer contrasts to a parametric equalizer, which is much more flexible, by allowing the user to adjust the amplitude of a signal at a center frequency and affected frequency band chosen by the user. '

point made
no you didn't make as point- actually you just owned yourself- read the paragraph you posted - the only point you made was that 'it looks to you as a graphic equalizer' whereas its not-

I thought the paragraph I posted was in laymen terms- guess not- read it again, and again until it sinks

the Arc PEQ has selected bandwidths- for you to adjust the amplitude of a signal AT A CENTER FREQUENCY

whereas a graphic EQ 'adjusts the amplitude (thereby adjusting the sound level of the waveform at the set frequencies over their set bands).'

owned-train.jpg

Where does the Arc piece allow you to adjust the center frequency?? Or the bandwidth (Q)??

Graphic = fixed EQ frequency, fixed bandwidth, variable amplitude

Parametric = Variable EQ frequency, variable bandwidth, variable amplitude

It's that simple. If the frequency and bandwidth are fixed, the it's a graphic. Just because it only has 7 bands doesn't make it a parametric.

And I fail to see how it's a Parametric equalizer.............
Maybe you could get someone from Arc to come and explain it to us....Jason Sizemore surf's ECA all the time.
I'm not an Arc rep.... I'm just a customer- I've never spoken to Jason to be able to reach'm- should I call him out on a post for you enjoyment?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.