Eq

Participant count
  • Participant list
What is a good setup on an equalizer, in my manual setting it has 3 bands.
What do you mean by what is a good setup?

You just adjust to your liking or if your in for technical sq then adjust for a flat response. Every car will be different, so other people's eq curves most likely won't be optimal for you.

What do you mean by what is a good setup?
You just adjust to your liking or if your in for technical sq then adjust for a flat response. Every car will be different, so other people's eq curves most likely won't be optimal for you.
I just cant for some reason get the crackling out, I have an 99 Olds 88 and the front speakers are stock and the rear are aftermarket Kenwood's that came with my head unit. I cant seem to stop crackling/ or distortion. Each of my bands have an FQ and Q section, what do they mean? And what is their affect? My head unit is a Kenwood KDC-BT742U. I am asking for the FQ and Q numbers I should use.

FQ stands for frequency, Q stands for bandwidth affected. Its a parametric eq. Search it here, or google it, tons of info to get you up to speed on how to adjust a parametric eq correctly.

Parametrics are generally not intended for a laymen to use. You should definitely spend the 15-30 mins it will take to research the basic functions of it before you try to use it to improve anything.

No eq will fix a blown mid, which it sounds like you have. Voice coil rub.

FQ stands for frequency, Q stands for bandwidth affected. Its a parametric eq. Search it here, or google it, tons of info to get you up to speed on how to adjust a parametric eq correctly.
Parametrics are generally not intended for a laymen to use. You should definitely spend the 15-30 mins it will take to research the basic functions of it before you try to use it to improve anything.

No eq will fix a blown mid, which it sounds like you have. Voice coil rub.
Thanks man that was helpful, my rear deck isn't blown I know that for sure, but it wouldn't surpise me if the front are but I dont think they are, I was mistaken and they dont crackle, but there is a almost wave you can hear in the singer's voice. If you know what I mean.

EDIT: I cant find this online so let me ask. What does it do when you turn them up/down? Like when I turn Q up whats going to happen? And the same for FQ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brendan127

10+ year member
brendan127
IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from