Epicenter and Equalizer setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Max_034

Hello, I'm planing on installing a 4 channel amp and speakers to my current system which consists of the head unit, mono amp, and subwoofers. However I also want to install an equalizer and an epicenter but I'm not sure how to wire them. Should I do

1. Head unit → Equalizer → 4 Ch. AMP

............................. ↓

....................... Epicenter → Mono Amp

Or 2. Head Unit → Equalizer → 4ch Amp

............... ↓

............. Epicenter → Mono Amp

or maybe 3. Head unit → Epicenter → Equalizer → 4 Ch. Amp

............................... ......................... ↓

............................................... ... Mono Amp

I'm sorry if you can't understand the diagrams but i think thats the easiest way to explain.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your eq and how you want to control it.
I have a basic 7 band equalizer, which I plan on keeping in the trunk. I want to control the bass with the epicenter control knob, which will be near the driver on the front. With that said what would be the best setup?

What do you mean? I'm sure that an EQ is used to process the sound level at different frequencies right? similar to a stereo EQ.
Turning up a EQ is just like bass boost and loudness. They are meant to cut peaks not boost, you can't add stuff that don't exist.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.