Blue wire Vintage amp

JR_

Vintage amp. Sanyo PA6100, 50W/channel

On the speaker out side of the amp there is

a red wire labeled "on" (assuming this is remote on)

and a blue wire labeled "Speaker protector"

Where do i connect the blue wire?

audio newbie

Thanx

Vintage amp. Sanyo PA6100, 50W/channelOn the speaker out side of the amp there is

a red wire labeled "on" (assuming this is remote on)

and a blue wire labeled "Speaker protector"

Where do i connect the blue wire?

audio newbie

Thanx
Amp already has wire connected to it? Weird.

What gauge is the blue wire? Is there a ground wire on the opposite side?

Amp already has wire connected to it? Weird.
What gauge is the blue wire? Is there a ground wire on the opposite side?
Vintage=old. In this case, o/s amp for sure.

Some of the o/s amps had power/ground wire already wired inside the amp and allows about 2-3 feet for the user to use instead of terminals that we see on today's amps. Same goes for speaker wires, except a lot of them were color coded. Also had wiring diagrams on the amp too.

sanyo pa6100 - Bing Images

JR...that red wire would prob mean turns on the amp. The blue wire in todays standard amps is remote wire to turn the amp on from the HU.

Back in the 80's/early 90's, a separate toggle switch had to be used in place of the remote wire, which in turn turns on the amp. I can't exactly remember if the HU had to be turned on 1st then the amp or vice versa.

Sanyo PA6100

this is an early 1980's amp.

On the IN side are just four wires for HU speakers (plus two RCA)

ON the OUT side there is four speaker wires and a red wire and blue wire. (the red and blue wires are small gauge, 18 maybe 20

red wire is labeled "on" which I am thinking is the remote on.

the blue wire is labeled "speaker protector"

I had this in a Camero in 1981. but i did not install it and don't remember how it was wired when i took it out.

It was a good amp for the day and the speaker protector did work. I worked

this sucker hard back in the day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sanyo PA6100this is an early 1980's amp.

On the IN side are just four wires for HU speakers (plus two RCA)

ON the OUT side there is four speaker wires and a red wire and blue wire. (the red and blue wires are small gauge, 18 maybe 20

red wire is labeled "on" which I am thinking is the remote on.

the blue wire is labeled "speaker protector"

I had this in a Camero in 1981. but i did not install it and don't remember how it was wired when i took it out.

It was a good amp for the day and the speaker protector did work. I worked

this sucker hard back in the day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Can you take a pic of amp and wiring harness area?Wiring harness?I may remember after seeing it

PicPaste - IMG_0127-HqMKMxgN.JPG

PicPaste - IMG_0114.JPG

PicPaste - IMG_0125-1vzAo60N.JPG

PicPaste - IMG_0115-Adq1gKWO.JPG

PicPaste - IMG_0117-MNoVcQoZ.JPG

Wow..I cant say on this one..I remember having one similar to it back in 86..it was the first series Concord,but dont remember that wire on it.I do remember that most of the Constables in my area used those type of amps for CB/radios and truckers..Craigs and Concords, and Realistics..I dont know:wow:

**** kingjd7 you ARE making me feel old. Don't keep up the good work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I guess I'll put some power to this thing and see what happens.

Anybody else chime in about the blue wire if ya have any ideas.

Most of the much older amps didn't have much protection as the amps on the market today.
If you can figure out the power and ground wire, should be able to get the speaker wire and remote wire pretty easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAIS5m4Zmhc

I saw this too and didnt bring it up as I am not able to see the wiring very well.Yes sir..Power ..Ground..Remote/on..and speaker wiring..Maybe place a DMM on that Blue wire see if its hot..I recommend cracking that joker open and see what its attatched to as well,to get an idea what it goes too..Maybe a cap/resistor or. back to the power supply?Pretty rare amp.It would be pretty amazing if it still works,as old as it is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.