Eonon E1015

Participant count
  • Participant list

x1le
10+ year member

I'm certified.
Mass
After reading Pl8er's detailed review I decided to look into some Eonon products for the first time. I thought it was pretty unique that they had 7 inch screens on a non-flip out single din and decided to buy one. Ordered an E1015 on Sunday, it got shipped out Tuesday, and I received it this morning (Thursday).

couple of pics...

dscf0734dt1.jpg

dscf0735ab5.jpg

dscf0736cv0.jpg

dscf0737dm7.jpg

Installation of it was pretty easy. I have a 2000 passat, and ironically the harness on it is meant for european cars so I had to do no wiring at all. The only issue I could see someone having is that with all the rca's and the oversized fuse holders on the harness, if you dont have much space behind the radio it might be kinda tough to fit it in. I personally had to cut out some plastic behind my radio in order for it to lock into the cage nicely. I also had to grind down the trim ring about a quarter of an inch for it to fit as it looked absoloutely terrible without it. Also, on the side of the unit going from the top the bottom is a ribbon saying "warranty void if damaged or removed", but when I slid the unit into the cage, it completely cut the warranty strip lmao.

I snapped a couple quick pics with my camera phone after I installed it. Will update this thread with better pics tomorrow.

36356486712523936700rg4.jpeg

36356552512523960730it6.jpeg

As for the interface, I haven't used it a whole lot, but it is pretty generic. I played some music vid's I had burned to a dvd and surprisingly the screen is really decent for what it is.

I'm gonna read the manual and get deeper into the UI and also hook up the bluetooth mic to see how that is.

As far as first impressions go, for a $215 7inch dvd player, I'm pretty satisfied at this point.

dscf0742jj0.jpg

dscf0743gn2.jpg

dscf0746ck0.jpg

bluetooth mic

dscf0744lb4.jpg

Hooked up the bluetooth mic today and made a test call. The mic is relatively clear, although I do sound a little muffled, but it could be due to my placement of it. However it does make and receive calls nicely and automatically pairs up with your phone when you get into the car. I drive a 5 speed and it is definitely very nice to not worry about shifting while having a phone next to your head.

Messed around with the settings today and noticed something I completely dislike. IT DOES NOT SAVE YOUR SOUND SETTINGS. Or if it does, I sure as hell can't figure it out. Everytime I turn the car on I have to manually go into the settings menu, adjust my bass, turn the "loud" option off, etc. Also, the unit does not power on automatically with the car.

The touchscreen itself works just ok. It can be very sluggish, and does not like double taps, quick taps, etc. It can be a pain having to skip a lot of chapters or songs. However the resolution is pretty good and videos look great.I've also noticed that it loads a dvd just as fast as it loads a cd. So when you stick in a regular old cd it takes about 10 seconds before it starts playing.

Pro's - very inexpensive, pretty good screen image, supports usb/bluetooth/sd card

Con's - does not save settings, touch screen can sometimes be unresponsive, no sub output

Overall it is just a dcent unit, that is merely ok for the $.

I'd rate the functionality a 1/5 but the value about a 4/5.

Removed this unit from the vehicle today. Looking to sell. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.

Helllo how you doing i don f is too late to wite you back.. But i also had the same radio so the problem that i have is that as a mistake i lost the detachable face.. And i would like to know if you still have it available... If so please give me the price so maybe we can get into agrreement have a good day alexx! MY EMAIL IS GUANACO978@HOTMAIL.COM

Does it save your radio station? If not then either the unit is faulty or you have the accessory and ignition wire hooked up wrong. I had a 1994 VW Golf and those German cars don't have the same wiring color codes as the cars in the US.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

x1le

10+ year member
I'm certified.
x1le
Mass
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies