Engine whine only when plug in sub's RCA..?

Admittedly, I read the title and apparently the first two words of the post only. However he had already tried my suggestion, so we were on the wavelength whether it was the problem or not. But since you're here, you've yet to help him out with your own suggestion... so let's hear it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My advice to him was to skip past your suggestion to find out if this is caused by the pico fuse. Guess you have to have to have a little bit of comprehension skills to recognize it. My bad for making that assumption.

My advice to him was to skip past your suggestion to find out if this is caused by the pico fuse. Guess you have to have to have a little bit of comprehension skills to recognize it. My bad for making that assumption.
Sh1t, my comprehension skills are good enough are good enough are good enough [yes, this is done on purpose, genius!]to know that second sentence makes absolutely no sense. Don't try and burn somebody with your 'held back from the second grade' grammar skills.

Free bump for OP, sorry for thread jack and hopefully you'll find a resolution to your problem without someone try to 1up another for no reason at all.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Sh1t, my comprehension skills are good enough are good enough are good enough to know that second sentence makes absolutely no sense. Don't try and burn somebody with your 'held back from the second grade' grammar skills.
Free bump for OP, sorry for thread jack and hopefully you'll find a resolution to your problem without someone try to 1up another for no reason at all.

Michael
Getting a little excited there? Relax man, this is the internet. Stop getting wet.

Sounds like someone is mad bro.

images

Back to the topic, I'm having a similar problem right now with the sub. I can hear the truck running through it and when I roll my windows up or down the sub hits when I push the button. I got a few ideas of what it is, I'll let you know what I find out.

Getting a little excited there? Relax man, this is the internet. Stop getting wet.
I'm sorry you don't understand the idea of that, proofread your own work before submitting and trying to take a shot @ me. Either way, I figured you'd be able to understand the simplicity behind it, my bad for making that assumption.

I edited my post before this one so you can understand, you may miss it still but I tried to help; still waiting for your input on solving this gentleman's situation. Which doesn't include 'don't try this guys idea'. You visit the thread enough, be useful and help someone!

Michael

first off pioneer has been known for a while to have a shitty design with fusing of the rca grounds.

easist way to try is no noise thru 1&2 so plug those into sub and listen. if no noise like you said it is eather ur rca's or the headunit. swap rca's to figure out which is the case.

ur using ur amp as a rca splitter no biggie...

Sounds like someone is mad bro.
images

Back to the topic, I'm having a similar problem right now with the sub. I can hear the truck running through it and when I roll my windows up or down the sub hits when I push the button. I got a few ideas of what it is, I'll let you know what I find out.

Something to check would be your grounding point(s), I've had some bad grounds bring noise into the stereo system before, similar to your experience. It's a little more common knowledge today but make sure you aren't running your RCAs next to your power wire as its been said that can [will?] introduce noise into your system.

Good luck,

Michael

Just to sum: you get no noise when ONLY chan 1 & 2 are plugged in, but when chan 3 & 4 are plugged in, you get noise. This *only* happens when using the rcas from the head unit, and it doesn't matter which set of rcas you use - they both generate the same effect. If you plug RCA cables directly from the amp's output to the chan 3 & 4 input, there is no noise. You already have both sets of rcas grounded to the H/U and you have the H/U grounded to the amp ground.

Do I have that all correct?

Something to check would be your grounding point(s), I've had some bad grounds bring noise into the stereo system before, similar to your experience. It's a little more common knowledge today but make sure you aren't running your RCAs next to your power wire as its been said that can [will?] introduce noise into your system.
Good luck,

Michael
But yep, you got me. I almost never proof read. I only check for the red lines under misspelled words according to firefox. I don't understand how you don't think bouncing ideas off each other and using elimination through logic isn't useful. What I was going to say was already said by fasfocus00 in his first post here. I don't know what else it could be except for bad connections in those two channels of the amp. If it was all of the channels, then I'd say it's a simpler grounding issue. I didn't say it again cause it'd be redundant. SO I read through what posts were obviously not going to be the cause and found yours to be the only one. Sorry I upset you by eliminating your idea, but it was correct in that he already tried your idea and said it didn't work.

Believe it or not, mk_, this method of coming to an answer does work sometimes.. If you can't find anything critically wrong about it, maybe you should criticize my grammar or whatnot again.

Just to add, this was a few years ago and I almost forgot about it, but I did have a similar problem as OP. It was two problems coupled together. First of which was indeed pico fuse [p8mp HU], I grounded RCAs at the back of the head unit and got rid of half the problem. The other half of the problem was the RCA jacks of the amplifier. I had the problem set replaced and all problems were alleviated, and I actually still use that amp today. I may have upgraded RCA cables too, but I don't remember. Pretty much goes to show you it can be a number of things, I would just hate to see you repair your amp for big bucks and still have the same problem.

PS I could care less about grammar, but I'll be d4mned if my keen sentence comprehension skills are going to be insulted by a disaster of a sentence. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Michael

PS I could care less about grammar, but I'll be d4mned if my keen sentence comprehension skills are going to be insulted by a disaster of a sentence.
It'd make more sense if you wrote:

PS I could care less about grammar, but I'll be d4mned if my keen sentence comprehension skills are going to be insulted by someone that wrote a disastrous sentence...
... and not the sentence itself as you put it. See? I can play that game too, but I'm already bored with it.

Trust me. If I had known you were going to get so wet that you would squirt all over this thread because of what I said to you, I would have stayed quiet and let you try to figure out for yourself how your suggestion alone couldn't be the solution to the problem. I'm done here.

/

Now you're just being picky, the first way makes perfect sense, proper spelling, grammar.. the works. And yes, the whole point here is that you contributed nothing at first and SHOULD HAVE stayed quiet. You finally get it. I even admitted I didn't read the whole thread and buried it, but you insisted on adding to the pointless fire. I got a kick from it but these other people have to read that sh1t now. The thread will miss you and your incontinence insults; they were really funny. I'm sure they get you ahead of everyone out there in the real world. I'm jealous

Bye tool.

Michael

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.