Engine Noise????

Participant count
  • Participants list

smrtnez

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've got an engine whine with the rpms kind of deal. I'm going to try to trouble shoot it and was wondering if anyone might have some input. The one thing that stands out is the noise is coming from the front left speaker only. And that speaker is not working. But sometimes that FL speaker comes on and when it does the whine noise is gone. So is it just maybe the speaker failing? Or is it a result of another issue causing the whine and speaker to not work?
Here is my info: 2007 Silverado Ext. Cab, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood 6.5 in the front doors, Pioneer 6.5 in the back doors running off an Alpine 4 channel amp, and I have two 8" subs under the back seat and a Kicker amp running those. I put all this in a bout a year ago and all sounded fine until bout a month ago.
I wasn't sure if the fact it 's only coming from the one speaker might be a factor that someone else can relate to.
Thanks guys, any input would be appreciated.

Try checking all the RCA cables. It sounds as if your amp still sends power to the speaker while a cable is not inserted, hence the RPM whine.
Yes, I believe your right, I tried another speaker and still the same, so I unplugged both rca's for the front speakers, and the rear speakers are fine no noise, so I unplugged the rear rca's and plugged them to the front, all good. So I ordered new rca cables for both the front and back, this time I spent more $ on them. I should of did that the first time.
Thanks for your input, much appreciated....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...