engine noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

FSUFAN

Ok, so my problem is I have serious engine noise coming through rear speakers even with head unit off which is a first for me. I talked to the guys who did the install and they had no clue, that I was pretty much screwed but I find that hard to believe. Anyway, anyone have same problems or have any ideas towards a solution? I'm running a fosgate p4oo.4 for my highs but absolutely no noise that I can hear coming from fronts.

Rear RCAs probably need to be replaced

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Or possible amp issue.

Well the amp was running fine in my other car and I have 50 dollar brand new rcas so I wouldn't guess either of those. My best guess was a ground up front with the big three but please correct me if I'm wrong.

OLD SCHOOL stop humming or noise Trick.

to take a piece of wire and locate the ground behind deck the threaded hole for ground place screw and connect the wire to it. next the other end, place wire on either the front or rear RCA jack coming out from behind deck use one and connect the wire to the outer most part on the RCA jack connect not to the center of RCA to the outter ,metal part and secure with your choice of protection. that's it start your car and all noises will be gone. Enjoy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.