Engine Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

EmptyKim

LA
OK, I've read through many post and I don't see anything situations like mine.

I just hooked up a two channel amp for my front stage and get engine noise when the engine is started. This noise was only coming from the right channel. So my first thought was RCAs, if the left has no noise and the right does I'll swap. Didn't work, the noise was still coming from the right channel. My next was the disconnect the RCAs altogether. Didn't work, noise was still coming from the right channel. Next I swapped outputs from the amp, the noise moved to the left side. Has anyone ever heard of this? I assume the "noise" is coming from 1 channel of the amp.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

System Info:

-Alpine INA w900

-Rockford Punch 200x2 (old school bbq grill heatsink)

-Boston Acoustic Pro6.53

-Subs, but irrelevant here

Wiring:

-RCAs run down center console. (knuconceptz Karma SS)

-Speaker wire for each side run down side of car.

-Power wire (4ga) run down the right side of car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.