Engine noise in both subs and front passenger speaker.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just hooked up this system a week or two ago and I have started having some weird stuff happen. When I start my jeep, with the volume at 0, my subs make engine noise. My front passenger speaker does this sometimes when I start the jeep or a few minutes after it's thumping. When the speaker makes the engine noise it completely stops working and just makes that engine noise and almost seems like its shorting. The other speakers work fine 100% of the time. The subs always thump even with the engine noise. Any advice on how to fix these? Im thinking the grounds are shorting somewhere but not positive. Should I just run all grounds straight to the battery?

almost sounds like an rca type issue. What type of deck and amps are you running. Try switching the front rca's around so r is l and l is r and see if the problem jumps sides. as for the subs what hz is the crossover set to? is the lpf even set to on? double check grounds with a dmm. double check terminal connections at the battery make sure there is no corrosion or loose connections. check resistance from neg post of battery to everywhere in the engine compartment to make sure you have good grounds.

I will try that with the rca's. And I will also check all grounds. I havent tuned either of the amps from the factory yet. Im honestly not sure how either of those (crossover/lpf)work. I have a 4 channel 70w rms x 4 powering 4 75w rms alpine sps 610's and I have a mono 500 w rms amp powering the two 250 rms (each) subs bridged in a daisy chain fasion.

If you have an iPod or even your phone, get a 3.5 to RCA and turn car and amp on.. Unplug those rca's and plug in phone/iPod and play some music... If the noise goes away its not your grounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.