Enclosure with Port for 2 x AS R10 Evo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patrick-Starfish

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

im new to the self-building thing. So i have no idea which Software to use, or how to tune it right.
I plan to build an enclosure for 2 Audio System R 10 Evo Datasheet & TSP.
Would someone be so nice to help me along the way, or even better design me an enclosure with a centered Slot port. Tuning should be around 40 to 50hz as I need it for Hardstyle / Uptempo Beats.
Space available is: 80cm - 45cm - 45cm. Would prefer it flat and low. And if there is a better design with 2 slots on the side, go for it.

All the Software i can find is nearly 10 Years old and i dont know if this i correct to plan an actual subwoofer!

Please be kind with me.. ;)

Patrick

Last edited:
Hello,

im new to the self-building thing. So i have no idea which Software to use, or how to tune it right.
I plan to build an enclosure for 2 Audio System R 10 Evo Datasheet & TSP.
Would someone be so nice to help me along the way, or even better design me an enclosure with a centered Slot port. Tuning should be around 40 to 50hz as I need it for Hardstyle / Uptempo Beats.
Space available is: 80cm - 45cm - 45cm. Would prefer it flat and low. And if there is a better design with 2 slots on the side, go for it.

All the Software i can find is nearly 10 Years old and i dont know if this i correct to plan an actual subwoofer!

Please be kind with me.. ;)

Patrick
Using the limited info I could find, each driver needs about 30l of volume. Here is a great box design tuned to 37Hz, the ideal for 2 of these, and trust me, better-sounding tuned to this and they will play the rest very well all day long.

Sorry, all the measurements are in inches. Figured you could do a little of the work, no?

Box External Dimensions
Width x Height x Depth .......... 30.00" x 12.50" x 16.01”
Material Thickness ..................... 0.75"
Net Internal Volume .................. 2.00 ft3

Width x Height ............................ 2.00" x 11.00"
Port Length
15.93" for 37hz
13.12" for 40hz
9.55" for 45hz
7" for 50Hz

It gets a bit peaky at things above 40hz and not in a good way. For the best sound regardless of the music, I recommend 37-40hz.
The port can go anywhere you want but preferably it exits on the front baffle. You just have to keep the parameters the same. So any box you make as long as it has this internal volume and port area tuning that you like will be great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...