Enclosure Ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I am kind of on a strict budget after buying my amplifier and subwoofers for my car. A friend sent me some blueprints for an enclosure, but I am not entirely sure if I just want it to be prefab and no hassle or build it myself. The blueprints call for a 2.4 cubic foot box, which is standard for a dual ported enclosure it seems. Any ideas?

I am kind of on a strict budget after buying my amplifier and subwoofers for my car. A friend sent me some blueprints for an enclosure, but I am not entirely sure if I just want it to be prefab and no hassle or build it myself. The blueprints call for a 2.4 cubic foot box, which is standard for a dual ported enclosure it seems. Any ideas?
What subs and amp did you buy? What size is the subs? Sealed or ported? I would not suggest prefab ported because most of the time they are tuned really high, which sounds horrible. If you have the means to build it yourself, then that would be the best option.

If ported, then 2.4 cu ft is too small IMO. I believe the HDS210 subs only work good in a ported also. Get the Dual 4 ohm versions so that you can wire it to a 1 ohm load. I think they would do well in a 3.0 cu ft net volume(after port and sub displacement)enclosure tuned to 32hz. If you primarily listen to rock then maybe a little higher like 34 or 35hz.

If ported, then 2.4 cu ft is too small IMO. I believe the HDS210 subs only work good in a ported also. Get the Dual 4 ohm versions so that you can wire it to a 1 ohm load. I think they would do well in a 3.0 cu ft net volume(after port and sub displacement)enclosure tuned to 32hz. If you primarily listen to rock then maybe a little higher like 34 or 35hz.
Can I PM you? I need some guidance :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.