Enclosure Finishing Ideas. HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

CRSO
10+ year member

Jersey Trash Collecktah
I did a lot of research and the information is somewhat scattered. I figured I'd tap into the regulars to get their insight on what you use.

I want to finish my enclosure with something somewhat durable but not carpet. I'd prefer it to be dark and have the ability to hide imperfections. I used Bondo & sandpaper to smooth over the screw holes and the edges are all rounded off nicely... It's smooth but not perfect perfect...

So, I'm seeing Fleckstone, the Rustoleum Hammered and truck bed liner (Herculiner, etc) as viable options...

I'd like:

1. Something easy to apply

2. Something that will hide small imperfections

3. Something dark

4. Something simple... I don't wanna go crazy.

Spray or roll on... It doesn't matter

I use latex on my last too boxes and I think the turned out ok, im thinking of maybe getting some vinyl but im cheap sooo

WP_002259.jpg

WP_000580.jpg

I didnt prime anything I should have im sure it would have looked better, but I just used some cheap martha stewart color match Hi gloss paint

That's high gloss? Hmmm. I'll probably do an eggshell or maybe even a textured paint..
Yep, birch wood tho not sure if mdf vs birch makes a difference in how it looks, I thought textured, but again im cheap, so I got a gallon of this stuff for like 9bux so Im good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.