Enclosure Design ?s for 4 Blau 8" GBW801, ported @ 35hz

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks for the feedback! What is your port diameter?
I didn’t plan on using an aero port just to save money as I only plan to use this as a learning experience and use them for maybe 6 mos or so and then going with 2-10” or 12”s of higher quality. Maybe I’ll end up liking them enough to run longer. I’ll have to see.

Another question I have is about aiming the port through my pass through hole. An aero port would be easy to line up. Would there be an advantage to that? Rear firing subs with the port firing into the car through the pass through?
6" diameter port. As far as the aiming, hope someone else here can answer that for you .

Here's what  I came up with after playing around with it for several days.  Tried aeroports but they require too much surface on the baffle and I don't want to fire the subs opposite of the port.

4 cubes at 36Hz gave what I felt looked like the best graph.

Rear port air velocity is under 16 m/s

Thanks for the replies so far.  

Any advice moving forward.  Pioneer 9601 is ordered, working on my wiring order.

Might start construction this week.

<iframe src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed.html?mid=752376f8-6513-48bb-a0f9-408b049d1d41" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="580" height="326" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4 blau 8s center port 4 cubes net front.jpg

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/752376f8-6513-48bb-a0f9-408b049d1d41/Four-8-subwoofers-box-in-4-cubes-tuned-to-36-Hz

blau in 4 cubes graph.PNG

4 blau port velocity graph.PNGblau take 4 center slot port 13 inch.png

The only thing I would add are 45s in the back corners and vertical and front to back dowel bracing. 
Thanks,  the 45's were already happening, just didn't have time to do that last night.   Taught myself how to use SketchUp and spent way too much time messing with it.

Didn't even think about front to back dowels.  Think that is necessary for these cheap 8's?  Dowels are cheap and easy but I don't want to lose net cubes.

I could probably have my buddy CNC some sweet front to back bracing w/cut outs.

That's a fun program! 

My buddy is a commercial cabinet fabricator, he did the new Sacramento Kings Arena, and he's going to CNC the box with Dado's.

Probably not necessary, but I was going to biscuit join it just because I've never done it before and I have access to the tools.

Thanks,  the 45's were already happening, just didn't have time to do that last night.   Taught myself how to use SketchUp and spent way too much time messing with it.

Didn't even think about front to back dowels.  Think that is necessary for these cheap 8's?  Dowels are cheap and easy but I don't want to lose net cubes.

I could probably have my buddy CNC some sweet front to back bracing w/cut outs.

That's a fun program! 

My buddy is a commercial cabinet fabricator, he did the new Sacramento Kings Arena, and he's going to CNC the box with Dado's.

Probably not necessary, but I was going to biscuit join it just because I've never done it before and I have access to the tools.
Regardless of whats going in them, I make my boxes as strong as possible. Every little bit helps, dowels don't take up a lot of room or $$. 1 or 1 1/4 inch works well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.