Enclosure Design Help - 15" Fi Q @ 30hz w/ Aero Port in a MK4 VW Jetta

Participant count
  • Participant list

sml238
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I need some help designing and building my enclosure.

Parameters...

- MK4 VW Jetta (Usable trunk dimensions = L 35" W 23" H 20"

- 15" Fi Q w/ 1200w RMS

- 30hz?

- 3.8 Net Cubic Feet?

- Aero ports (What size and how many?)

Can someone with an aero port box calculator give me a usable design or at least help me out? Also, how would one go about stabilizing the aero ports? I was thinking about using a piece of MDF about as wide as the port and using half of the port diameter to cut a half circle at the top creating a saddle type brace? Moreover, how would I calculate the exact volume of this piece so I could add it to the displacement of the box? I want to make sure the tuning is 100% accurate. Thank you.

I need some help designing and building my enclosure.
Parameters...

- MK4 VW Jetta (Usable trunk dimensions = L 35" W 23" H 20"

- 15" Fi Q w/ 1200w RMS

- 30hz?

- 3.8 Net Cubic Feet?

- Aero ports (What size and how many?)

Can someone with an aero port box calculator give me a usable design or at least help me out? Also, how would one go about stabilizing the aero ports? I was thinking about using a piece of MDF about as wide as the port and using half of the port diameter to cut a half circle at the top creating a saddle type brace? Moreover, how would I calculate the exact volume of this piece so I could add it to the displacement of the box? I want to make sure the tuning is 100% accurate. Thank you.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQjBAwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mobileinformationlabs.com%2FHowTo-1Woofer-Box-CAL%2520Port%2520lenth%25201.htm&ei=lRFaUpvXF8rC4AO4iYD4DA&usg=AFQjCNG6h0epbtmPQvQ604Z9I33jNvutEQ&sig2=3HcuBfYyj3R2QhMAhL2X_g&bvm=bv.53899372,d.dmg

You making your own aero's or buying them?

that would be a great help. iv previously designed my old enclosures but i have mac now and don't have the program and also have never worked with aero ports before. if i could get a design made for me and the dimensions of all the pieces i would be golden!

how would you like to communicate and get something mocked up? thanks for the help btw!

also, i will be buying my aero ports, not making them.

[quote name='sml238']that would be a great help. iv previously designed my old enclosures but i have mac now and don't have the program and also have never worked with aero ports before. if i could get a design made for me and the dimensions of all the pieces i would be golden!

how would you like to communicate and get something mocked up? thanks for the help btw!

also, i will be buying my aero ports, not making them.[/QUOTE]
@dbeez ; does designs and he's a great guy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.