aemeth
10+ year member

NW WI
Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Location in vehicle: Rear Hatch area

Space Available: http://wjjeeps.com/i..._area_dimen.jpg

Width: 40"

Depth:30" (up to 32" possible)

Height: Up to 35" (at 25" though I cant see out of the back window, should I just wall it at this point?)

Subwoofer make and Model: Audioque HDC318 http://www.soundqube...oofer_p_25.html

Subwoofer Size: 18 inch

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of port: Slot Port

Type of music I like: Mainly rap and rock

Tuning freq: 38 hz (found this to be best in my research for these subs)

Volume: Open to ideas

Amp: 2 AQ2200d's strapped @ 1 ohm

This is what AQ has said to me in an email:

15.56^ft Gross internal volume 180sq inch port at 30" long. Tunes you at 33hz. This is also the smallest inclosure we recommend.

Questions: Im researching how to design my own box but i figured I would start this up right now. In the end I will need a cut sheet, a drawing would be a huge help also.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did 6cubes each tuned to 32 around 72inches of port area and it got nasty and sounded great but alot of people say go with more port area... I dunno check my vid if ya get bored and see for yourself Iloveaudio87 all one word on youtube

Got some actual maximum dimensions other just 33 inches high? The link to dimensions you posted isn't working for me. I am currently working out a box design for one of these myself. I am trying to shoehorn it into a trunk though so at most I am going to see like 5.2 cubes. Not ideal but it models well in win isd so I am going to give it a shot. AQ actually recommended that low of a tuning to you? The only thing I have ever seen out of them is higher tuning like 38-40 hz. I am shooting for 34-35 myself. In win isd it looks like the output would be very peaky with a higher tune like 38-40ish hz. That peak only goes up as enclosure volume increases as well. If thats what you want it could be a good thing but I want mine to stay a bit more musical.

Width: 40"

Depth:30" (up to 32" possible)

Height: Up to 35" (after 25" though I cant see out of the back window, should I just wall it at this point?)

And yes that is AQ's cut and pasted response.

Everything I have read however, (and ive read alot) says to have 6-7 cubes per sub, 15 or 16" port per cube and tune it to 38hz

they normally respond better in larger enclosures, but can work in smaller. I've done 2 18's in 10.25^3 net for an Envoy. Did like a 52+ sealed up and played into the upper 20's tuned at 38Hz. Wasn't ideal but got the job done...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.